PDA

View Full Version : Mics from recording amps

jackal
02-16-2008, 01:58 PM
Whats a good Mic to get to recored my mesa cab.. im looking for something good but pretty cheap too...

senor_penguin
02-16-2008, 09:21 PM
Well, you can get the standard Shure SM57 or SM58. You can get one of those mics or a copy of one from here

http://www.shredmuzic.com/category_s/99.htm

jackal
02-16-2008, 11:01 PM
thanx man, i know sure have always made some great products... whats the sound difference in a condenced mic?

characterzero
04-05-2008, 04:35 PM
Well condenser mics will typically yield higher quality more accurate recordings, but are generally used for some vocals or acoustic recording. Also the room you're in will affect condenser mics' sound.

For basic cheap good recording, you can't really go wrong with an SM57 or SM58. I use an SM58 for vocals, then I unscrew the grill to record guitar so I can get a close amp placement like you would do with an SM57.

fireman257
08-19-2008, 10:49 PM
to get a real good recording I would use about 3 mics the sures are a good bet for this also but you would want to place one right next to the center cone this will yield your highs really nice then set one just over from the center cone almost to the outer edge of the cone and about 6 to 10 inches back away from it and then for the last one you need to play around a bit with it but set it about 2 to 3 foot away and off to the side a bit dont point it right at center mass but play with this position a little closer little further to the side more or not. this seems to be a great recording set up for recording your amps. This way you get your full tone of your amp and speaker combination and I have set the last mic in the middle of the room on some recordings kind of get the room acoustics also that way makes for a good sound some times you will just have to play with that a bit.