PDA

View Full Version : Do you name your axe and what is your guitar's name?

ww12
02-10-2008, 12:12 AM
And why do you name it?

My axe's name is Burnetta, because she made it through a house fire.

She's a Epiphone Les Paul a new set of strings.... she was as good as used. ;D

jackal
02-10-2008, 12:52 PM
lol, i think everyone has nammed there guitar at one time.. but just has forgotten about it.. dirty secrets.. hehehe
My Aria Pro is named Maria - because i thought it was the most beautiful guitar ever and i knew a girl named maria who was beautiful, and it rhymes with aria, lol..

My custom Bodyshop guitar is Bob, lol. caues bob just seems to fit it. it looks like its ready for a bodyjob like an old car.. so bob seem to fit it..

My shecter Omen Extreme is called Areal. i think thats spelled right, like the little mermaid, lol.. because the color remindes me of a mermaids hair..

I'm a bit wierd i know, but you asked the question.

indytruckboy
03-01-2008, 10:27 PM
All my SGs get number in the order they were purchased. The non-SGs don't get nuttin.

torgeot
03-09-2008, 10:07 AM
mine all get names, all girls, Mina, Salma, etc.. long list

Brian Krashpad
03-09-2008, 11:00 AM
For some reason I 've never named my acoustics, just the electrics. Here's the list:

Sonia '60 Duo-Sonic
Brownie Tex-Mex Tele Special
Blondie '52 RI Telecaster
Seven Squier MIJ P-Bass
Ruby DeArmond Jet Star
Blue Ovation Breadwinner
Honey DeArmond M-72
Chrissie Hamer USA Special
Cherie Les Paul Studio DC
Nell Fender Standard Jazz Bass
Joan Gretsch Electromatic Special Jet
Violet “parts” Telecaster w/Seymour Duncan mini-hum in neck
Raquel Fernandes Ravelle Deluxe
Valerie Agile P-90 Valkyrie
Theresa 1980 Peavey T-60
Rickie Rickenbacker 620
Cassie Les Paul Classic
Candy Peavey USA Predator Strat
Stormy Schecter Tempest Special
Corinne Brownsville Choirboy
Rose Daisy Rock Retro-H

As you can see, a lot of these are "color" names, and many are girl names, but in the case where they are girls' names they usually relate to either the model (like Raquel the Ravelle or Sonia the Duo-Sonic) or the color (like Ruby and Rose). Some are a little more obscure, like "Candy" is a Candy Apple Red Strat, "Chrissie" is named becasue she's Hamer Special, and Chrissie Hynde sang "I'm special" in "Brass In Pocket" but there's an explanation nehind each name.

My kids enjoy the whole name thing, it's fun.

Monster
03-09-2008, 11:28 AM
wow loads of guitars with many names.. very nice....

senor_penguin
03-09-2008, 10:26 PM
My epi's name is Emma. I just love that name. I don't know what to name my peavey though :confused: I was thinking claire, but it doesn't seem right for some reason

floydmoline
03-10-2008, 01:33 PM
i haven't ever really named a guitar...... i call them what they are for example, the closest to naming a guitar i have come is "the strat" or "the paul", i was in a band before where we had 2 basses one bass was "the red bass" the other was "the rogue", the red bass was a no name deal of ebay, and the rogue was a rogue p-bass copy..... not real inventive, but ehh

Monster
03-10-2008, 07:59 PM
i named the new one Monstor.. :w:

Brian Krashpad
04-02-2008, 03:54 PM
i haven't ever really named a guitar...... i call them what they are for example, the closest to naming a guitar i have come is "the strat" or "the paul", i was in a band before where we had 2 basses one bass was "the red bass" the other was "the rogue

I did that before the guitars started piling up. But when you have 3 Teles, saying "Brownie" instead of "the brown Tele" is actually more efficient, and even moreso than using the full model name: "Tex-Mex Telecaster Special."

But mainly I name 'em for fun rather than efficiency.

Redline68
04-05-2008, 10:27 AM
I've never named a guitar. Not opposed to it, just never really gave it much thought or took the time to do it. Maybe it's because they're more of a 'tool' to make music to me I guess rather than a partner. Although I've grown pretty found of a few.

characterzero
04-05-2008, 04:11 PM
I haven't named a guitar, but I've named my friend's amp Bertha. Also I call my keyboard the Casiotone Supreme.

Vintageheadbox
04-20-2008, 09:01 AM
All guitars named "Bessy"

Conbud
06-20-2008, 06:09 PM
My guitars name is Dimez!

For obvious reasons! :w:

ninja636
06-21-2008, 04:08 AM
All my guitars are/were called bitch. Example: "Let me play with this bitch for a little while, then I'll play that bitch over there". :w:

Conbud
06-24-2008, 06:02 PM
All my guitars are/were called bitch. Example: "Let me play with this bitch for a little while, then I'll play that bitch over there". :w:
yeah I must say I use that term quite often myself!
I tell my wife, babe I'm about to crank this bitch... might wanna go in the other room.... and bring the dogs with ya! :biggrin:

ninja636
06-27-2008, 05:32 AM
LOL. I say almost the samething to my wife. Except my dog stays in the room with me. He's deaf now. We have to stomp on the floor to get his attention, and then use hand signals to tell him what we want. My bad.

Brian Krashpad
06-27-2008, 05:35 PM
I can't say 'bitch." Kids in the house.

And Ninja, expect a visit from the ASPCA.

:biggrin:

ninja636
07-01-2008, 12:34 PM

Sadly(or gladly) I can't take the credit for my dog's deafness. It seems as cocker spaniels get older, some of them develop hearing disorders. He's pretty old at 8yrs.(That's human years, not dog, you do the math.)

Brian Krashpad
08-13-2008, 07:48 AM

Sadly(or gladly) I can't take the credit for my dog's deafness. It seems as cocker spaniels get older, some of them develop hearing disorders. He's pretty old at 8yrs.(That's human years, not dog, you do the math.)

Wait a sec... I resemble that remark!

Your dog's at most 56 in dog years (used to be 7x number of years but last I heard they'd revised it downward or made it more a variable scale as the dog ages). I'm 50 myself!

Brian Krashpad
08-13-2008, 08:05 AM
Oh I forgot, I've gotten two more guitars since I listed all their names earlier:

Pearl:
http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3144/2564111223_31fefd10d6.jpg

And Goldie:
http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3131/2686545950_7efd400e5d.jpg