Forum Register FAQ Members Calendar New Posts Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Massive Selection of Guitars Online Guitar Center Guitar at Music123 New Day, New Deal at American Musical Supply
Go Back   Gear-Monkey Guitar Community > Welcome > The Pit
Reload this Page I'm Bummed...
The Pit General discussion - 18 and over recommended

I'm Bummed...
Old
  (#1)
ninja636 is on a distinguished road

Default I'm Bummed... - 11-16-2008, 06:39 PM

had the day off from both jobs today. So I went to hang out with some buds of mine at the local Sonics(we all ride crotch-rockets). My bike is put up for the winter so I rode with this chick in her car. Some of the guys had their bikes out, and we decided to go to our secret stunting spot. This is the place we go to do wheelies, 12 0'clocks, stoppies, high chairs etc, etc. Well I got talked into doing some stunts on a friends bike. I was doing a stoppie when this huge gust of crosswind upset the bike, and I went down. The bike only suffered some scratches and a dented tank. I on the other hand have a fractured wrist. It's my right wrist(picking hand) but I can't play my guitar for 6 WEEKS!!!! I was going to try out for this band on monday, guess thats out now. I really wanted to get in this band as they get a lot of good shows locally. Murphy's Law stikes again. Or maybe it was some Higher power letting me know I shouldn't have been riding around with, and flirting and showing off in front of some young hottie all day?

Always scoop the mids!!
If it ain't METAL...it AIN'T music.

Re: I'm Bummed...
Old
  (#2)

Default Re: I'm Bummed... - 11-16-2008, 09:55 PM

Hey, you guy's don't take the last comment I made above too serious. I would NEVER cheat on my wife, I love her too much. Any ways, I just took the little plastic removeable "cast' off my wrist and tried to play my guitar.... SEARING HOT P-A-I-N!!! I won't be trying that again anytime soon .

Always scoop the mids!!

Old
  (#3)
Put up or shut up!
MrSandMan has disabled reputation

Default Re: I'm Bummed... - 11-16-2008, 11:17 PM

I feel ya man. Not being able to play the guitar will suck, but the bright side is... atleast it's only 6 weeks. Could be worse.

Playing stunts on bikes is a high risk game. Drink some tequila and eat the worm

Visit http://gear-vault.com/ for guitar reviews

Old
  (#4)

Default Re: I'm Bummed... - 11-17-2008, 03:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrSandMan
I feel ya man. Not being able to play the guitar will suck, but the bright side is... atleast it's only 6 weeks. Could be worse.

Playing stunts on bikes is a high risk game. Drink some tequila and eat the worm
You never think of "risk" while your doing something you enjoy,... till something happens. It could have been worse, my neck feels like I have whiplash, and my back is about the same.The guys I was riding with ran over and got to me before the bike even stopped moving! They said they thought I broke my neck or back the way I fell and hit the pavement, coupled with the bike almost falling on top of me. Thank goodness for helmets and leather, or it would have been worse. I'll skip the takillya thank you, have some awesome pills the doc gave me and some Crown on the rocks to sip on instead.

Always scoop the mids!!

Old
  (#5)
Redline68 is on a distinguished road

Default Re: I'm Bummed... - 11-18-2008, 10:07 PM

Holy crap. That really stinks. ButI guess it's good that it didn't turn out much worse.

Try to tough it out and keep that cast thing on. Better to let it heal properly than screw it up and develop a nagging injury that lasts even longer.