Forum Register FAQ Members Calendar New Posts Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Massive Selection of Guitars Online Guitar Center Guitar at Music123 New Day, New Deal at American Musical Supply
Go Back   Gear-Monkey Guitar Community > Gear > Gear Building & Customization
Reload this Page BUILD YOUR OWN CIGAR BOX AMP - Intro to Electronics Workshop!
Gear Building & Customization Discuss amp building, making pedals and modding guitars in here.

BUILD YOUR OWN CIGAR BOX AMP - Intro to Electronics Workshop!
Old
  (#1)
n00b!
SuprmSound is on a distinguished road

Default BUILD YOUR OWN CIGAR BOX AMP - Intro to Electronics Workshop! - 04-22-2011, 12:47 PM

Attention guitar players!
Due to the overwhelming success of our past clinics, we are proud to once again offer our educational class...

BUILD YOUR OWN PRACTICE AMP - Intro to Electronics Workshop

Is guitar amplifier electronics a mystery to you?
Have you ever dreamed of building your own amp?
Would you like to learn about the different components of amplification?
Would you like to have a small practice amp to bring with you on vacation or outdoors?
Would you like to try your hand at soldering a circuit?

LEARN THE BASICS OF GUITAR AMPLIFICATION TECHNOLOGY!

Amplifiers can be broken down into different components. Join us for this educational and hands-on workshop where you will get a great introduction to guitar amplifier technology and have a chance to actually build your own practice amp. You'll learn to read a schematic as well as assemble and solder your own working amplifier.

WE supply you with all the parts. WE teach you what each component does. WE help you build your own - YOU leave the class with a working amp!

Read what our alumni had to say:

"Thanks again Brian for another very enjoyable evening, learned a lot and feel very accomplished! All the best, Dave"

“Thank YOU! I had a blast! I didn’t know anything about electronics, but after this class I feel like I have enough information to try this project again on my own. I’m really impressed with your studio as well. It’s a beautiful space! I appreciate your patience with all my questions and look forward to taking other classes. Keep up the good work! Cheers! Filomena"

"Great workshop, I really enjoyed it and I learned a lot, too. I’ll send a pic when I am finished with the enclosure for the amp. See you next week at the guitar class! Best, Craig"

"I had a great time building my amp last night. I also learned how to solder without burning down anything. I look forward to your next workshop. -Jun"

Check our site for details about a class near you.

Visit http://supremesoundstudio.com/worksh...-practice-amp/ to register!

The first 3 people to sign up will receive a FREE T-shirt compliments of Supreme Sound Studio. Space is limited to 12 and registration is on a first come first served basis. Be sure to register in advance to reserve your spot.

Students are required to bring a 9-volt battery to class. We will have an assortment of cigar boxes available to purchase for $2.00 each at the class, or you are welcome to bring your own amplifier enclosure.

Come to our workshop with questions. Leave with answers and show your friends what you've built in only a few hours!

Our lead technician and class instructor has over 20 years as a senior technician working at corporations servicing all types of amplifiers, complete backlines, and recording equipment. He is an expert in the use of electronic test equipment and has devised and taught repair techniques to many junior technicians.

ALSO check out our website to learn about "The COMPLETE Guitar Repair/Set-Up Clinic!"
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Justin's Amp.jpg (56.4 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg DSCN6343.jpg (92.5 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg Project Amp.jpg (87.3 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg Philly Father:Son Team 1-8-12.jpg (93.4 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg Build Your Amp Class 7:23:11.jpg (89.8 KB, 0 views)

Last edited by SuprmSound; 09-04-2015 at 10:27 AM.. Reason: Adding pics

Old
  (#2)
n00b!
siddle is on a distinguished road

Default 05-08-2011, 12:53 PM

Great post. Keep posting more.

Absolute Steel— Steel building and carport kits with nationwide jobsite delivery. Easy DIY—America’s easiest to install building system. Watch the video & see for yourself.

Old
  (#3)
Put up or shut up!
MrSandMan has disabled reputation

Default 05-13-2011, 04:40 PM

Anyone ever buy amp kits to build? Also check out amplifiedparts.com - they sell pedal kits too. Really cool stuff.

Visit http://gear-vault.com/ for guitar reviews

Old
  (#4)
n00b!
kathi is on a distinguished road

Default 11-13-2014, 01:27 AM

Can anyone comment on how they like the original floyd rose compared to the many licensed FRs our there?

We provide fast success in pass4sure marks in IBM latest resource Alabama Agricultural and Mechanical University Our 646-578 contains all those California Institute of Technology You can get our Rasmussen College