Forum Register FAQ Members Calendar New Posts Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Massive Selection of Guitars Online Guitar Center Guitar at Music123 New Day, New Deal at American Musical Supply
Go Back   Gear-Monkey Guitar Community > Guitars > Effects
Reload this Page Digitech IPS 33B Questions
Effects Discuss effects and processors for electric guitar and bass

Digitech IPS 33B Questions
Old
  (#1)
n00b!
Alexander_North is on a distinguished road

Default Digitech IPS 33B Questions - 02-01-2018, 07:12 PM

Hey all, my first post here on the forum, hopefully someone can give me a hand.

I acquired a Digitech IPS 33B about a year ago and have been since trying to figure the thing out. I haven’t put any significant effort into it, but have a good chunk of time between jobs now so I am really trying to wrap up all these things I’ve been meaning to get to...anyway:

The unit began acting strange right away, basically not remembering presets, returning strange user edits after I factory restored it etc. Basically things that seemed consistent with descriptions I’d read around the web suggesting the unit needed its battery replaced. Now, however, when I plug the unit in, I do not get any read out one the display screen. It lights up slightly, but noting else. This happened right after I took the fuse out and looked at it, then put it back in, perhaps the two are correlated, perhaps not.

So my questions:

1. Does anyone know if this does sound like a battery issue, and that I should simply replace the battery?

1b. If yes, does anyone know what kind of battery, where I would get it and where to put it? I looked around on the unit, but see nowhere obvious that a battery could go. I did not open the unit, as I wanted to get some more information first.

2. If it does not sound like a battery issue, does anyone have any other thoughts?

Many thanks in advance.