Forum Register FAQ Members Calendar New Posts Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Massive Selection of Guitars Online Guitar Center Guitar at Music123 New Day, New Deal at American Musical Supply
Go Back   Gear-Monkey Guitar Community > Guitars > Electric Guitars
Reload this Page Xaviere Guitars are JUNK?

Xaviere Guitars are JUNK?
Old
  (#1)
Put up or shut up!
MrSandMan has disabled reputation

Default Xaviere Guitars are JUNK? - 03-24-2010, 04:31 PM

...Continued from Gear-Vault's article: "Xaviere Guitars are JUNK?".

Post your personal experiences with GuitarFetish and Xaviere guitars.

Visit http://gear-vault.com/ for guitar reviews

Old
  (#2)
Brian Krashpad is on a distinguished road

Thumbs up 03-30-2010, 02:35 PM

I haven't played a Xaviere, but in general the comments I have seen about them and Jay on Harmony-Central have been very positive.

I did have some GFS P-90 pickups in a Frankenstrat that I thought sounded quite good.

Old
  (#3)
Put up or shut up!

Default 03-31-2010, 03:43 PM

That is one thing that seems to echo about GFS is how nice (for the price) their pickups are. That G-V article did catch a lot of backlash, which is what I was kinda hoping for. I did a follow up article to keep everything balanced. - Are Xaviere Guitars JUNK pt2

One thing I don't like about the guitar is how generic the headstock looks. I liked their older headstock design better.

Older Xaviere design:

Old
  (#4)
n00b!
schoolie is on a distinguished road

Default 04-09-2010, 04:09 PM

Howdy all,

This is my first post. Looks like a nice forum.

I bought an XV-550, two years ago. I bought a blem, but there are just a few finish defects. I replaced the tuners and the nut which are junk, but it's a very solid guitar. I'll probably replace the Crunchy PAT pickups, just because they are not right for a semi-hollow. It has a very nice maple top, and is very resonant. NO intonation problems, and the fret work was pretty good. They are definitely not junk guitars and are an excellent value.

Old
  (#5)
Put up or shut up!

Default 04-09-2010, 04:33 PM

Welcome to the forum schoolie. Thanks for posting your experience with Xaviere. How much do you think you have invested into your XV-550 guitar to make it bulletproof? Did they have a different headstock design 2 years ago? I ask because the image above is different than current headstocks. Trying to figure out when the changed it.

Old
  (#6)
n00b!
schoolie is on a distinguished road

Default 04-09-2010, 05:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrSandMan View Post
Welcome to the forum schoolie. Thanks for posting your experience with Xaviere. How much do you think you have invested into your XV-550 guitar to make it bulletproof? Did they have a different headstock design 2 years ago? I ask because the image above is different than current headstocks. Trying to figure out when the changed it.
Thanks, Mr Sandman! I put about $75 into it. I replaced the bridge, but the old bridge was fine. I think the headstock changed around the time that the XV-600s came out, around 2 years ago.

Old
  (#7)
Put up or shut up!

Default 04-09-2010, 04:42 PM

Hey schoolie, I see in this post you have both the Agile AL3000 and Xaviere XV-550. How do these guitars compare? I've had several Agile AL-series guitars and know they have a great price and great quality. I've found Agile's are as good or better than upper-end Epiphone Les Paul guitars.

What's your opinion on the XV-550 compared to the AL3000?

Old
  (#8)
n00b!
TheLivingDead is on a distinguished road

Default 04-16-2010, 04:22 PM

I bought a brand new XV-870 a few months ago and I gotta say I'm VERY pleased with it. Plays much better than any Mexi strat I've played and the GFS pups in it sound lovely.

I love my Xaviere XV 620
Old
  (#9)
n00b!
blueshand is on a distinguished road

Default I love my Xaviere XV 620 - 07-27-2010, 05:45 PM

Because one person had a bad experience with one guitar does not qualify that a whole line of guitars are junk. Heck, I have heard more negative things about Gibson than about Xaviere! I am a new user here, but a long time player, having been playing for 47 years. I have all kinds of guitars, high end and low end. Fenders (American and Mexican) Gibsons, Epiphones, PRS and others. I am very pleased with my Xaviere XV 620. I have not changed a thing on it. Great sound, great price. I really think these folks have found a way to produce a very, very nice guitar at a low price. By the way I have two Agile guitars, a company that as mentioned earlier and they make great guitars as well. When I was a teenager, a cheap guitar could not even be played. Times have changed. I have spoken to Paul Reed Smith himself about the quality from the Asian guitar factories. He said, "They will make exactly what you want, exactly to your specifications."

My two cents

Old
  (#10)
Put up or shut up!

Default 08-04-2010, 09:44 PM

Thanks for the update guys.