Forum Register FAQ Members Calendar New Posts Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Massive Selection of Guitars Online Guitar Center Guitar at Music123 New Day, New Deal at American Musical Supply
Go Back   Gear-Monkey Guitar Community > Guitars > Electric Guitars
Reload this Page Lets talk about those Jackson guitars. Fender and pre Fender.

Lets talk about those Jackson guitars. Fender and pre Fender.
Old
  (#1)
V-Type is on a distinguished road

Default Lets talk about those Jackson guitars. Fender and pre Fender. - 03-04-2008, 01:54 PM

Well a couple weeks back I traded my Bass and combo for my buds Jackson DXMG and a tube head.
Pretty good deal + my bud plays bass for me so it all works out. Ive owned 3 Jackson's in the mid to late 90's. A Jackson Stealth Pro- Cool guitar but the electronics worked kinda shoddy so she was trade in for a Marshall 4x12. Next was a Dinky JS model. Had a floyd but no locking nut stock. The neck was very nice but it had a broken truss rod and went back for a MIJ DK2. Now the DK2 was an Outstanding guitar.
Trans Black flame top and a Neck so comfortable it literally played itself. Sadly hard $$$$ times forced the sale of her.
Well the DXMG is an MIJ 04 model and is quite a blacked out metal machine. But covers everything. Im not too fond of the stock Emg Hz3's they are nice and quiet at uber gain but lifeless at times.
The reverse headstock is pretty cool as well. The bridge is a Jackson copy but works quite smooth and stays in tune well. I may loose the Volume control and use the tone for volume(the damn thing gets in the way when picking bigtime.
Anyways Lets here your side of the Jackson story. And I think a RR 3 may be in my future.

Re: Lets talk about those Jackson guitars. Fender and pre Fender.
Old
  (#2)
jackal is on a distinguished road

Send a message via MSN to jackal  
Default Re: Lets talk about those Jackson guitars. Fender and pre Fender. - 03-04-2008, 06:09 PM

I grew up loathing over the jackson guitars, i wanted many different models. the ones that come to mind are the RR series, Dinky, and the King V. I played some but couldn't afford them at the time, and they were amazing.. By the time i was able to affored a good guitar the jackson's were being made by Fender, at the time i didnt know that but i remember playing all the same models i did when growing up and they were not the same at all. The necks were not smooth playing like the original jacksons were and the fretboard were rough too. the bodys seemed the same and they still sounded good.. but the playibility went from a 9 to a 3. to me anyway.. then when i found out fender made them, It all made sence...

Randall RM100LB (Lynch Box)
-Blackface mod
-SL+ mod
-Treadplate Mod(JF modded)
-XTC mod
Stiletto 4x12 Slant cab w/ Vintage 30's
Randall 2x12 Cab
Ibanez Weeping Demon Wah
GUITARS
ESP LTD Truckster
ESP LTD Viper 500S
Aria Pro II ZZ Custom Deluxe
'83 B.C Rich Bich NJ (Drop C)
Taylor 316CE Acoustic
Taylor 116CE (Drop A)

Old
  (#3)
Monster is on a distinguished road

Send a message via Yahoo to Monster  
Default Re: Lets talk about those Jackson guitars. Fender and pre Fender. - 03-04-2008, 06:14 PM

wow i have had many jackson guitars up until a few years ago that is all i would own is jackson guitars.. but since i no longer play in bands i have been getting into other brands and cheaper guitars ..... and upgrade them if they need it....

the DK2 is a great guitar, for a great price even with stock pups they sound great. since fender has taken over i feel the quality control is not as good as it was... and i have a feeling jackson will slowly be faded out over the next few years....

Old
  (#4)
indytruckboy is on a distinguished road

Default Re: Lets talk about those Jackson guitars. Fender and pre Fender. - 03-04-2008, 08:05 PM

i have a 1990 Kelly Pro. I installed a EMG 81 in the bridge and a looks-like-it-is-a-EMG battery holder in the neck pickup position. Refinished in black. New Floyd. One volume. And a killswitch. It's fast and my "trick" guitar.

Old
  (#5)
Monster is on a distinguished road

Send a message via Yahoo to Monster  
Default Re: Lets talk about those Jackson guitars. Fender and pre Fender. - 03-05-2008, 10:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by indytruckboy
i have a 1990 Kelly Pro. I installed a EMG 81 in the bridge and a looks-like-it-is-a-EMG battery holder in the neck pickup position. Refinished in black. New Floyd. One volume. And a killswitch. It's fast and my "trick" guitar.
bet that guitar sond sweet and plays nice.... that was one sweet guitar back in the day and still is...

Old
  (#6)
indytruckboy is on a distinguished road

Default Re: Lets talk about those Jackson guitars. Fender and pre Fender. - 03-05-2008, 06:25 PM

yea , its plays and sounds nice. i am not super fond of the Jackson neck. but man is it fun wank on.