Forum Register FAQ Members Calendar New Posts Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Massive Selection of Guitars Online Guitar Center Guitar at Music123 New Day, New Deal at American Musical Supply
Go Back   Gear-Monkey Guitar Community > Guitars > Electric Guitars
Reload this Page Slash Appetite for Destruction Les Paul Guitar

Slash Appetite for Destruction Les Paul Guitar
Old
  (#1)
Put up or shut up!
MrSandMan has disabled reputation

Default Slash Appetite for Destruction Les Paul Guitar - 03-13-2010, 02:12 PM

Well, Gibson have been talkin' about it off and on for months, and a few images have circulated around the interweb, but yesterday Gibson Guitars officially announced the release of the new Slash ‘Appetite For Destruction’ Les Paul, and based on the images it’s a real beauty (take a look at that top, it's awesome!) -- click the link to see images.

To honor the Guns N’ Roses/Velvet Revolver guitarist, and apparently based on the classic Les Paul Standards circa 1958-1960, their latest Custom Shop axe will sport the aformetioned gorgeous two-piece “reverse-chevron” Grade AAA figured maple top, which has been finished in a nitrocellulose “Unburst” lacquer, and fastened on top of a chambered, or “weight-relieved” mahogany body.

Electronics include a pair of Seymour Duncan Signature Series Alnico II Pro Slash humbuckers; Slash himself says they are meant to recreate Gibson’s PAF humbuckers from the late ’50s and early ’60s, along with traditional 3-way pickup switching, individual Tone and Volume knobs for each pickup, and a Switchraft 1/4″ output jack.

Other stand-out features are expected to include a single-piece, Grade A, quarter-sawn neck of mahogany w/slim ’60s neck profile, rosewood fretboard (12" radius) with 22 jumbo frets, trapezoid fret marker inlays, TonePros Tune-O-Matic bridge with stopbar tailpiece, Tone Pro Kluson-style Crème Key tuners with press-in bushings, a high-density Corian nut, and a custom Slash graphic on the headstock that gives the Gibson Slash Les Paul it's own distinctive look.

Of course the Gibson Slash Appetite for Destruction Les Paul will ship in a plush-lined black Gibson hardshell case with a silk-screened Slash logo on the front and an owner’s manual, and is currently selling for a street price of just over $2800..… surprisingly cheap compared to some other recent Gibson Custom Shop guitars.

See images here: http://www.gear-vault.com/gibson-sla...s-paul-guitar/

Sweet looking axe, I won't buy one though @ $2,800 big ones.

Visit http://gear-vault.com/ for guitar reviews

Old
  (#2)
Put up or shut up!
MrSandMan has disabled reputation

Default 03-15-2010, 12:07 AM

Slash talks about his new Gibson Appetite for Destruction Les Paul on video

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0GX5ZwFVY2Q"]YouTube- Slash on the Gibson Slash Appetite For Destruction Les Paul[/ame]

Visit http://gear-vault.com/ for guitar reviews

Old
  (#3)
n00b!
heidy_james is on a distinguished road

Default 04-13-2010, 02:31 AM

This is a revealing site, which have the most up-to-date news and links. The perks are endless of this handy site. Thanks for giving out this info; it’s really precious for me.

Old
  (#4)
n00b!
leomartin6 is on a distinguished road

Default 04-15-2010, 07:56 AM

i found a lot of useful, entertaining and up to date stuff from here. The style of presentation is one of its kind.

leomartin6

Old
  (#5)
Brian Krashpad is on a distinguished road

Default 04-16-2010, 02:43 PM

That tiger stripe top looks a lot like the Joe Perry sig, iirc. I prefer plaintops myself.

And yeah, for $2800, too rich for my blood anyhow.

Old
  (#6)
n00b!
TheSoad25 is on a distinguished road

Default 04-16-2010, 06:22 PM

i want one