Forum Register FAQ Members Calendar New Posts Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Massive Selection of Guitars Online Guitar Center Guitar at Music123 New Day, New Deal at American Musical Supply
Go Back   Gear-Monkey Guitar Community > Guitars > Electric Guitars
Reload this Page Any Fender fans here?

Any Fender fans here?
Old
  (#1)
V-Type is on a distinguished road

Default Any Fender fans here? - 03-03-2008, 02:41 AM

I was just looking at the pic's I took last year of my mid 70's pawnshop $200 special.
She's a documented 1965 Fender Jaguar with a couple of 66 electronics. Quite relic'd but Completely original and unbroken/damaged. The case is apparently year correct as well All according too Elderly Instruments.
She remains in the "bomb shelter"/ Closet but plays/feels fantastic every time I touch her.
She not as desireable too some as dot neck versions but I find the neck binding and Block inlays an absolute joy too look at.

Re: Any Fender fans here?
Old
  (#2)
indytruckboy is on a distinguished road

Default Re: Any Fender fans here? - 03-03-2008, 07:09 AM

that thing is flippin sweet!

Yea, I love my Fenders. They don't do the metal thing for me, but I certainly use them a lot at home.

Old
  (#3)

Default Re: Any Fender fans here? - 03-03-2008, 12:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by indytruckboy
that thing is flippin sweet!

Yea, I love my Fenders. They don't do the metal thing for me, but I certainly use them a lot at home.
Thanks. She is a rare bird indeed.
Oddly enough all the Relicing was done prior to me owning her in the mid 70's. I put one scratch and some mild buckle rash over the existing "work".
The cracking of the neck finish and tint is pleasing to the Eye.

Old
  (#4)
Monster is on a distinguished road

Send a message via Yahoo to Monster  
Default Re: Any Fender fans here? - 03-03-2008, 12:05 PM

i like fender guitars they sound nice and play nice.. but have never wanted to own one... but they own jackson guitars now and i love jackson's... so i guess in away you could say i have...

Old
  (#5)
floydmoline is on a distinguished road

Send a message via AIM to floydmoline Send a message via MSN to floydmoline Send a message via Yahoo to floydmoline  
Default Re: Any Fender fans here? - 03-03-2008, 04:29 PM

i like fenders, that guitar has to be one of my favorites, and i prefer the block inlays on the 70s jag and jazz' the only thing i never cared for on the jaguars were the bridges..... i like the gibson stlye rythem / lead circuits, this has always been my dilema when playing guitar, i like the fender sound (early rock and roll, surf, 80's alternative rock) but i couldn't fing my self commiting to it, and the noise that a single coil produces throws me away from them, but i really wish there was a guitar could do both, i think a mahogany jaguar, with a bucker in the bridge would be my ultimate guitar, but that isn't likely going to happen lol. the shorter scale of a jag is also a plus, and if the mute ever actually worked right heh

stuff it....... then bake it.......

Old
  (#6)
senor_penguin is on a distinguished road

Default Re: Any Fender fans here? - 03-03-2008, 05:04 PM

$200 :bowz: :bowz: :bowz:

GEAR
- Epiphone Les Paul Custom
- Peavey Tracer
- Fender Fm212
- Line 6 UBER metal
- MXR Phase 90
- Dunlop Crybaby (modded)
- Ernie Ball Volume Pedal
- Boss DD-3
- Boss BF-2

Old
  (#7)
n00b!
yacokodiak9@yahoo.com is on a distinguished road

Default Re: Any Fender fans here? - 03-03-2008, 07:44 PM

wow that is awesome, i want!

Old
  (#8)
torgeot is on a distinguished road

Default Re: Any Fender fans here? - 03-04-2008, 03:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by floydmoline
i like fenders, that guitar has to be one of my favorites, and i prefer the block inlays on the 70s jag and jazz' the only thing i never cared for on the jaguars were the bridges..... i like the gibson stlye rythem / lead circuits, this has always been my dilema when playing guitar, i like the fender sound (early rock and roll, surf, 80's alternative rock) but i couldn't fing my self commiting to it, and the noise that a single coil produces throws me away from them, but i really wish there was a guitar could do both, i think a mahogany jaguar, with a bucker in the bridge would be my ultimate guitar, but that isn't likely going to happen lol. the shorter scale of a jag is also a plus, and if the mute ever actually worked right heh
Try a Gibson Nighthawk. I just got one, Fender scale 3 Pups closest I've seen to mix of Fender and Gibson.

Gibsons - Fenders - Ibanez's - EBMM's
Marshall - Peavey - Ashdown
Boss - Morley - Rocktron - Roland

Old
  (#9)

Default Re: Any Fender fans here? - 03-04-2008, 03:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by torgeot
Quote:
Originally Posted by floydmoline
Try a Gibson Nighthawk. I just got one, Fender scale 3 Pups closest I've seen to mix of Fender and Gibson.
Those are killer guitars and quite rare. Funny I was looking through a 1982 Guitar Player Magazine last night and they have a full page add for one. When I can get to a scanner Ill post it up.
I had Two Marauders back int he day. They felt like a Tele neck and had some crazy see thru Special design pickups.

Old
  (#10)
floydmoline is on a distinguished road

Send a message via AIM to floydmoline Send a message via MSN to floydmoline Send a message via Yahoo to floydmoline  
Default Re: Any Fender fans here? - 03-05-2008, 10:35 AM

yeah those nighthawks are crazy rare, they were common for quite a while in the 90s lol but all of a sudden poof they are all gone, so i imagine they have a crazy price tag too

stuff it....... then bake it.......