Forum Register FAQ Members Calendar New Posts Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Massive Selection of Guitars Online Guitar Center Guitar at Music123 New Day, New Deal at American Musical Supply
Go Back   Gear-Monkey Guitar Community > Guitars > Electric Guitars
Reload this Page Fellow guitarists, would a portable, screwless wall mount interest you?

Fellow guitarists, would a portable, screwless wall mount interest you?
Old
  (#1)
n00b!
RiotActor is on a distinguished road

Default Fellow guitarists, would a portable, screwless wall mount interest you? - 03-20-2014, 01:34 AM

So I've been sitting next to a great idea for years and only recently recognized it might have a broader appeal. Prototype is made, manufacturing sorted, provisional patent being written up and I'm almost good to go. And the weird part is, NO current guitar wall hanger company offers an alternative.

So I come to you gauging interest now.

Specifically, for those who can't wall mount their guitars the traditional way (impenetrable concrete walls like I suffered with when I lived in Honolulu, dorm room or office rules that don't allow drilling or maybe you just plain want to avoid the DIY hassle and drywall damage) I've developed a way to vertically store/display your guitar that also travels with you — so you can hang your guitar anywhere, including rehearsal studios, hotel rooms, even in transit inside vans and SUVs. Hell, you don't even need a wall. Use a floor standing mirror or side of bookshelf and you've got what you need. And it's pocketable, so it will fit in your case or gig bag when you travel.

So my question to you: Do you think there's a market for this? Or should I assume most people are ok with standard wall mounts as the defacto solution?
Is this something you would encourage me to manufacture and sell direct myself (both of which I do have plenty of experience in), or take to an existing company like String Swing or Proline or Hercules Stands for licensing?

Can't share a pic yet until the provisional is squared away...

(How I actually came up with this was because in my house growing up, my father never let me hang things heavier than posters with scotch tape. He was too stubborn about avoiding drywall holes...)

Last edited by RiotActor; 03-20-2014 at 04:53 AM..

Old
  (#2)
n00b!

Default 03-23-2014, 05:45 AM

UPDATE: I’ve mocked up a landing page site to collect emails from anyone interested in this product, with the idea that maybe a Kickstarter campaign would be a good route to pursue here. Admittedly, the website is lacking on specific product details, but once all the Is are dotted and Ts are crossed, I’ll showcase the project in detail via the Kickstarter, or updated website soon. So this landing page will be live in the next few days (hopefully) and then I can really start to gauge interest.

Thanks everyone!

Old
  (#3)
n00b!

Default 03-25-2014, 05:07 AM

I've got a site up, but it's still dodgy and not collecting emails like I've hoped. I'll share details, pics, and more once I've squared away the provisional patent and start talking to some companies for licensing potential. This would be right up String Swing's alley since they've got the necessary manufacturing in place, materials sourced, etc. Going through the list of other wall hanger companies, Hercules, Off the Wall, Ultimate Support ... meh. I find their designs too gimmicky and frankly unprofessional looking. MAYBE FretRest by Proline might be another option.

So the site I've put up for now is:

www.guitar-bar.com

Ignore the email sign up, I need to clean up my PHP coding for it to go through. And for some reason it's not rendering well on mobile devices and tablets.