Forum Register FAQ Members Calendar New Posts Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Massive Selection of Guitars Online Guitar Center Guitar at Music123 New Day, New Deal at American Musical Supply
Go Back   Gear-Monkey Guitar Community > Guitars > Electric Guitars
Reload this Page Best Humbucker to sound like a strat

Best Humbucker to sound like a strat
Old
  (#1)
n00b!
Ouganhugo is on a distinguished road

Default Best Humbucker to sound like a strat - 11-17-2010, 08:59 AM

Hi folk,
I have a new guitar with 1H, 1s and 1H. It's sound pretty well but i'm looking to change the pickups to have a better versatility. I'm looking for a Humbucker pick that split well to reproduce the sound of a strat.
Do you know who do that (dimarzio, Seamour Duncan or else) and does it go well ?
TIA
Ouraganhugo

It won't
Old
  (#2)
n00b!
Axeman is on a distinguished road

Default It won't - 08-30-2013, 11:01 AM

SEYMOUR Duncan might...

The problem IS, NO full size 'bucker will get you a Strat SC coil sound! Once you split a HB type pickup, for either the screw or slug coil, you basically get the difference between the 2.

Certainly usable, I like the split sound my self, but it will be more spanky and cutting, like a TELE SC. OR some may sound more P90ish!

The closest I have heard, (& got my self) to a Stratty kind of SC tone is from a Seymour Duncan (no A) SH-4 Stag Mag pickup!

A VERY nice pickup! Suits all sorts of styles. LOOK into a set of those.

a
Old
  (#3)
n00b!
alishba is on a distinguished road

Default a - 04-02-2015, 02:25 AM

Building an ]Explorer guitar is no different than building any other electric guitar. The term "Explorer" simply refers to the body style. All guitars start out the same--as a square or rectangular piece of wood. From here they can go in any direction, they can be partially hollow or completely solid like the Explorer. Guitar building in its essence is a work of art. The precision these instruments require is unparalleled in the world of woodworking. Study and practice, and with enough persistence you can build an Explorer.

Try out our free esixsigma and latest comptia training courses to get high flyin success in final and thomasaquinas.edu exams, mcts Mount Washington College

Old
  (#4)
n00b!
Axeman is on a distinguished road

Default 04-02-2015, 05:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by alishba View Post
Building an ]Explorer guitar is no different than building any other electric guitar. The term "Explorer" simply refers to the body style. All guitars start out the same--as a square or rectangular piece of wood. From here they can go in any direction, they can be partially hollow or completely solid like the Explorer. Guitar building in its essence is a work of art. The precision these instruments require is unparalleled in the world of woodworking. Study and practice, and with enough persistence you can build an Explorer.
Your point being?