Forum Register FAQ Members Calendar New Posts Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Massive Selection of Guitars Online Guitar Center Guitar at Music123 New Day, New Deal at American Musical Supply
Go Back   Gear-Monkey Guitar Community > Guitars > Electric Guitars
Reload this Page Gibson 30th Anniversary Les Paul Deluxe

Gibson 30th Anniversary Les Paul Deluxe
Old
  (#1)
Put up or shut up!
MrSandMan has disabled reputation

Default Gibson 30th Anniversary Les Paul Deluxe - 05-18-2008, 01:58 PM

Gibson commemorates the 30th Anniversary of the original Les Paul Deluxe with a beautiful limited-production model. The Anniversary Deluxe features a one-piece mahogany back and neck, bookmatched maple top, vintage style tuners and two mini-humbuckers faithfully reproduced from those found on the original 1969 Gibson Les Paul Deluxe. The guitar’s finish can be found in nitro-cellulose lacquered Ebony and Red Wine.

Truly remarkable!

Visit http://gear-vault.com/ for guitar reviews

Re: Gibson 30th Anniversary Les Paul Deluxe
Old
  (#2)
Brian Krashpad is on a distinguished road

Default Re: Gibson 30th Anniversary Les Paul Deluxe - 05-31-2008, 09:10 AM

It's kinda hard to believe these things sorta failed the first time around. A lot of people yanked those mini's and either put in P-90's (which reportedly fir in the same space as the mini's with the ring), or routed them for humbuckers.

Has anyone here played this guitar, or Gibby mini's in general? I have mini-HB's on two guitars, one is a Seymour Duncan that I have in the neck slot of a Tele, the others are generic Asian ones in a semi-hollow Daisy Rock cheapie. I like those but 2 guitars is not a lot of experience with mini's.

Old
  (#3)
ninja636 is on a distinguished road

Default Re: Gibson 30th Anniversary Les Paul Deluxe - 05-31-2008, 10:03 PM

I'd route that baby out for a Floyd and humbuckers, and turn it into a REAL guitar. I haven't played any Gibsons with the mini's in them, but did try out one of the new Taylors at the Auburn Guitar Shoppe. SWEET is the only way to describe that guitar.

Always scoop the mids!!
If it ain't METAL...it AIN'T music.

Old
  (#4)
Brian Krashpad is on a distinguished road

Default Re: Gibson 30th Anniversary Les Paul Deluxe - 05-31-2008, 11:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ninja636
I'd route that baby out for a Floyd and humbuckers, and turn it into a REAL guitar. I haven't played any Gibsons with the mini's in them, but did try out one of the new Taylors at the Auburn Guitar Shoppe. SWEET is the only way to describe that guitar.
Auburn Alabama?

I know a crazy guy from Auburn, has played in bands there over the years. Sometimes goes by "Anarchy Jon." Last name's Hillman, iirc.

Old
  (#5)
ninja636 is on a distinguished road

Default Re: Gibson 30th Anniversary Les Paul Deluxe - 06-02-2008, 12:06 AM

Sorry man, don't know him. Only guy's I know are from Smiths Station, and my "band" from Birmingham. We're trying to get a gig at 29 Dreams this summer. We're not really a band, so much as a few guy's and one girl just having some fun. We don't even have a name. I don't really hang out at the LMS too much, thy're a bunch of dicks up there.

Always scoop the mids!!
If it ain't METAL...it AIN'T music.