Forum Register FAQ Members Calendar New Posts Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Massive Selection of Guitars Online Guitar Center Guitar at Music123 New Day, New Deal at American Musical Supply
Go Back   Gear-Monkey Guitar Community > Welcome > The Pit
Reload this Page Harmony-Central Forum is a mess
The Pit General discussion - 18 and over recommended

Old
  (#41)
stvnford is on a distinguished road

Default 04-28-2010, 10:27 AM

I started here and love the forum layout and ease of use.

I didn't know about HC until it was brought up. Went over to take a peak and still can't get the burning sensation outta my eyes. What a mess.

They really need to do some configuration settings and tweaks BEFORE going 'live'.... they must be following the Microsoft Business plan..

Still just a beginner. Learnin on my JT-200D with a Marshall MG-10CD.

Old
  (#42)
Put up or shut up!
MrSandMan has disabled reputation

Default 06-09-2010, 02:00 PM

Looks like Harmonycentral took the peoples' advice and went back to their old platform. I chose GM forum software simply because it's the most user-friendly and popular forum platform in the world. Its time tested and proven.

We use to use SMF and after the change the inactivity on GM did go down, but that is partly my fault for not promoting the forum as hard as I should, plus for financial reasons, I had to cut back on giveaways... though I am trying to cook up another guitar giveaway!

Visit http://gear-vault.com/ for guitar reviews

Old
  (#43)
Brian Krashpad is on a distinguished road

Talking 06-09-2010, 02:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrSandMan View Post
Looks like Harmonycentral took the peoples' advice and went back to their old platform. I chose GM forum software simply because it's the most user-friendly and popular forum platform in the world. Its time tested and proven.

We use to use SMF and after the change the inactivity on GM did go down, but that is partly my fault for not promoting the forum as hard as I should, plus for financial reasons, I had to cut back on giveaways... though I am trying to cook up another guitar giveaway!
Yeah, HC finally ditched the 2.o/beta crap. It was terrible. I'm sure they blew a TON of money on that, and even with the old forums back, they drove a lot of people away in the interim.

"If it ain't broke, don't fix it."

Also why I almost never mod my guitars.

Old
  (#44)
Put up or shut up!
MrSandMan has disabled reputation

Default 06-09-2010, 02:27 PM

Brian, just curious... how did you like the SMF software we use to have? It was a free software and worked good. However, my only complaint (as a webmaster) was it didn't seem to be 'search engine' happy. The current software (vBulletin) is much more 'search engine' compliant IMO.

For the next giveaway, part of my idea was giving away a telecaster knockoff (probably a Douglas or SX) for someone to 'relic'. Would you ever be willing to 'relic' a guitar, Brian?

Visit http://gear-vault.com/ for guitar reviews