Forum Register FAQ Members Calendar New Posts Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Massive Selection of Guitars Online Guitar Center Guitar at Music123 New Day, New Deal at American Musical Supply
Go Back   Gear-Monkey Guitar Community > Guitars > Effects
Reload this Page ehx metal muff broke
Effects Discuss effects and processors for electric guitar and bass

ehx metal muff broke
Old
  (#1)
n00b!
tidwop is on a distinguished road

Default ehx metal muff broke - 03-22-2008, 08:07 AM

ok so my metal muff broke after a month im not impressed with ehx right now, i lost the reciept cant do a think about it right now, so i got a paper weight right now. it sounds like a really low overdrive with noo sustain whats so ever, if the pedal is even at the beginning of a chain, i was trying to see if i could eq my friends ds-1 it still sounded like the overdrive with no sustain. i dont know whats wrong, i dont want to spend 50 bucks trying to figure it out by asking them to try to find the problem not even fix it.

Re: ehx metal muff broke
Old
  (#2)
floydmoline is on a distinguished road

Send a message via AIM to floydmoline Send a message via MSN to floydmoline Send a message via Yahoo to floydmoline  
Default Re: ehx metal muff broke - 03-23-2008, 02:57 AM

well it could be any number of problems, battery may be dead (obvious), gain pot may be bungled, transistor may be dead, diodes may have been torched, if it's opamp based the chip might have gotten hot, or just died, is this a new problem or was it this way when you got it?

stuff it....... then bake it.......

Old
  (#3)
Put up or shut up!
MrSandMan has disabled reputation

Default Re: ehx metal muff broke - 03-23-2008, 11:37 AM

Floyd is good with technical stuff in pedals and etc.. as he is a pedal builder. He's probably one of the most qualified to help.

In my experience, the EH Muff series are built like tanks. So it's surprises me that it broke. Sounds like a factory defect...

Visit http://gear-vault.com/ for guitar reviews

Old
  (#4)
floydmoline is on a distinguished road

Send a message via AIM to floydmoline Send a message via MSN to floydmoline Send a message via Yahoo to floydmoline  
Default Re: ehx metal muff broke - 03-24-2008, 08:06 AM

more than likely if it's the same volume as before just not as distorted it's a goofy transistor, hard to say without hearing the problem personally, and or seeing the electronics

stuff it....... then bake it.......

Old
  (#5)
n00b!
tidwop is on a distinguished road

Default Re: ehx metal muff broke - 04-04-2008, 10:12 PM

well it was never like that, but i found that it went over the top all the time it was either, overdrive or over the top distortion which appearntly shouldnt ever happen with that pedal, there should be control of some sort :P i might just get a guyatone metal monster instead, its a bit more tighter and also i found the metal muff is a bit more british sounding than the monster.