Forum Register FAQ Members Calendar New Posts Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Massive Selection of Guitars Online Guitar Center Guitar at Music123 New Day, New Deal at American Musical Supply
Go Back   Gear-Monkey Guitar Community > Gear > Amps
Reload this Page Who's getting gear for Christmas?
Amps Amp and rig talk

Who's getting gear for Christmas?
Old
  (#1)
Put up or shut up!
MrSandMan has disabled reputation

Default Who's getting gear for Christmas? - 12-09-2009, 02:23 PM

Any gear for xmas? Are you giving gear for xmas?

I'm thinking about buying a Tascam recorder for my xmas and tell my daughter it's to me from her. lol.

She's getting a Nintendo DS thing. What's with kids now days? I got Peavey T-15 electric guitar w/ the amp built into the hardcase for my 11th Christmas (I think i was 11). Wish I still had that guitar, it was dark brown with light metallic sparkle in the finish and a cream pickguard. That guitar was really cool.

Visit http://gear-vault.com/ for guitar reviews

Old
  (#2)
Brian Krashpad is on a distinguished road

Talking 12-14-2009, 03:08 PM

I got some guitar cables from my folks. However, basically everything I buy during the course of a year I consider a gift from my wife, so she doesn't have to get anything for me.

This year, I bought 3 basses (Peavey Fury I, Epi Thunderbird, Peavey T-40), one electric (Retro-H 12-string), one acoustic-electric (Esteban), and an electric-acoustic mandolin. I also bought a Fender Super Champ XD amp. However, I also sold 2 electrics (Retro-H, and a P-90 Partscaster), 2 mixers, and have 2 more small amps on consignment. And I returned a mandolin I'd been borrowing from my dad for several years. Been a much busier year than I expected it would.

Old
  (#3)
Put up or shut up!
MrSandMan has disabled reputation

Default 12-15-2009, 12:52 PM

That's a good way to do it, Brian. My wife and I really don't exchange big/expensive gifts we just go buy what we want. I told her I wanted to revamp Gear-Monkey to better software that has more user friendly options... so we all win here.

But for musical equipment, I've been eying those Tascam recorders. I thought it'd be nice (and easy to use) for recording riffs on. It'll keep me involved since I'm not in a band.

I am also thinking about getting a bass guitar. In my area guitarists are a dime-per-dozen, but bassists are rare. (so are drummers) but I'm thinking bass would be fun.

Visit http://gear-vault.com/ for guitar reviews

Old
  (#4)

Thumbs up 12-16-2009, 04:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrSandMan View Post

I am also thinking about getting a bass guitar. In my area guitarists are a dime-per-dozen, but bassists are rare. (so are drummers) but I'm thinking bass would be fun.
Do that! Bass is really fun to play, and if you can "market" yourself as a "utility infielder" who can play guitar and/or bass, the possibilities of playing with others definitely increase. For like reasons I decided to start playing more mandolin this year. That may've got me into a new band (Cinnamon Hill), we'll see (2 practices so far). Also, they like that I can also play electric guitar or 12-string.

Old
  (#5)
n00b!
R.B. Huckleberry is on a distinguished road

Default 12-20-2009, 12:20 AM

I have the Fender Champion 600 amp & the Fulltone Fulldrive 2 Mosfet on my list. We'll just have to see if I get them. I kind of doubt it.

Old
  (#6)

Default 12-20-2009, 04:52 PM

Just ordered an intellitouch tuner for my mandolin after going to a band practice with the acoustic band and seeing everyone using them. They clip on the headstock and tune to vibrations so they can be used in a noisy environment. Went to a show Friday and saw more acoustic players using them as well. They look pretty cool. Under $40 shipped.