Forum Register FAQ Members Calendar New Posts Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Massive Selection of Guitars Online Guitar Center Guitar at Music123 New Day, New Deal at American Musical Supply
Go Back   Gear-Monkey Guitar Community > Guitars > Guitar Technique & Exercises
Reload this Page when not playing you guitar or guitars how do you store them...
Guitar Technique & Exercises Discuss music theory, writing, composition and improvising in here

Re: when not playing you guitar or guitars how do you store them...
Old
  (#21)
fireman257 is on a distinguished road

Default Re: when not playing you guitar or guitars how do you store them... - 08-19-2008, 11:01 PM

Well all of my babies hang on the wall when not in use that way there faster to grab when I have a playing withdrawl and I have to get a quick fix to make it through the day lol.

Re: when not playing you guitar or guitars how do you store them...
Old
  (#22)
indytruckboy is on a distinguished road

Default Re: when not playing you guitar or guitars how do you store them... - 07-12-2009, 09:46 AM

I leave them in the case as I noticed if they sit in a regular stand they get a slight bow if left too long. In a rack stand, they get a slight twist. In the case I say. Stands are for momentary placement. IE; going for a smoke, changing something in the rig, etc.

Old
  (#23)
n00b!
beartronical is on a distinguished road

Default 01-16-2013, 02:19 PM

i put them on wall hangers.

Check out my website
predator-music

Old
  (#24)
n00b!
MarsVoxhder is on a distinguished road

Default 02-07-2014, 07:15 PM

I have them hanging on the wall.

Old
  (#25)
n00b!
glionameghan is on a distinguished road

Default 02-15-2021, 11:43 PM

1 - Store your guitars in their cases, standing up — not lying down with one case on top of another. When storing several guitars, the cases should look like suits on a rack rather than a giant deck of cards. If standing them up isn’t an option, store your guitars (in their cases) on their sides, with the upper side pointing up.

2 - Keep the string tension on the neck, but loosen the strings one or two half steps. They don’t need regular tension when in storage, but having no string tension at all can lead to neck bowing problems.

3 - If possible, store your guitars in a room or a closet nearer to the center of the building rather than near an outside wall. This helps maintain a constant temperature and is especially helpful if you live in an area that experiences climatic extremes. A case humidifier is a good idea during dry winter months.

4 - Store vibrato-equipped guitars with the arms detached (the lone exception here being Bigsby vibratos, which can be folded back to rest below the top of the bridge, which is the highest point on the guitar).

Old
  (#26)
n00b!
Bjork is on a distinguished road

Default 07-27-2021, 05:44 AM

i lay it down on a flat table next to my bed. this way i ensure that no pressure on the guitar hence preserving its setup. its a safe way to store it.

Last edited by Bjork; 01-12-2022 at 09:07 AM..