Forum Register FAQ Members Calendar New Posts Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Massive Selection of Guitars Online Guitar Center Guitar at Music123 New Day, New Deal at American Musical Supply
Go Back   Gear-Monkey Guitar Community > Welcome > The Pit
Reload this Page Weekend report!
The Pit General discussion - 18 and over recommended

Re: Weekend report!
Old
  (#11)
Brian Krashpad is on a distinguished road

Default Re: Weekend report! - 09-08-2008, 03:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ninja636
WOW! All I did was go to work on saturday(my last day till next week) fill out all the stupid papers the hospital ALWAYS sends you before you go see them, and then answer the same damn questions cause they ask you. And played around with my new amp. I did see a lot of Auburn hotties coming in the store, our parking lot is a shuttle point for Auburn home games. But I pissed a lot of them off cause I had "Go Southern Miss" on my name tag. I DESPISE Auburn :evil:.
Haha, college hotties were all over Gainesville on Friday and Saturday. But I'd kinda forgotten how drunk and beligerent people get on a big game weekend. I must've seen a half-dozen shouting matches that coulda turned into brawls at any moment (fortunately, none in the bar I went to).

Oh, one thing I forgot to mention, on Saturday I'm working the church lot gate with a couple of the other Youth dads, and this guy comes riding down the street, zipping along at 15 or 20 mph, on a MOTORIZED COOLER! Yep, a little ice chest! He was sitting astraddle on it, and it had 4 wheels and a little bicycle-type steering wheel, and some kind of stereo in it. Durnedest thing I ever saw!

Old
  (#12)

Default Re: Weekend report! - 09-14-2008, 03:01 PM

Friday night I went with my son Jack (11) on a Boy Scout "camp-in" (camping indoors). First we brought our gear over to the church's youth lodge we'd be staying in. Then we caravaned over to the Univ. of Florida astronomy dep't and got a talk on astronomy and got to look through their telescopes. Looked at the moon, and Jupiter and it's moons, and a couple stars.

Then back to the lodge where we set up our sleeping bags and such and the kids played (pool, foosball, ping-pong, air hockey, etc.) for an hour or so before lights out.

Got up at 6:30. The Scouts went and cooked a pancake breakfast for the church's mens group, while I went home, showered, and switched cars with my wife. I went and got an oil change and went back to the lodge for lunch. Then we all caravaned over to Santa Fe College (big local community college) and went to their planetarium, which has a $500,000 star projector. The projector is cool, it can show the sky in any given location for thousands of years in the past, present or future.

Then we all drove back to the lodge and broke camp and went home. I got a batch of leftover pancakes and put them in the freezer bags for my vegetarian daughter to eat for breakfast this week.

The afternoon was filled with house cleanup for the kids and I, as well as some laundry. After my wife got home from work (she teaches a college course on every other Saturday) I went grocery shopping (and got some flowers for Mrs. Krashpad), and on my return after dinner I made up some spicy baked beans for a church potluck today. I found vegetarian beans so there'll be at least one dish my daughter can eat.

In the evening I played a board/card game called "Heroscape" with my son while my daughter went to a dance with her Morman girl friend (note two words, not that there's anything wrong with that). Then we watched some TV and went to bed.

The beans're in the oven now and starting to smell good. I just made the "recipe" up on the spot: beans, dried onion flakes, cajun spice mix, some Crystal red pepper sauce (like Tabasco only not as strong), hickory BBQ sauce, honey, brown sugar. My wife was rolling her eyes the whole time but had to admit they tasted great.

Next up: church, then potluck going-away lunch for church youth leader. Quite possibly the first time a vegetarian dish has been served at a Lutheran potluck, haha!

Probably some more house/yard work this afternoon.

Let's hear some more reports! How's it hangin' peeps?

Old
  (#13)
ninja636 is on a distinguished road

Default Re: Weekend report! - 09-14-2008, 08:45 PM

All I did was ES&S, play my guitar, and Oblivion on Xbox360.

Always scoop the mids!!
If it ain't METAL...it AIN'T music.

Old
  (#14)

Default Re: Weekend report! - 09-14-2008, 08:55 PM

Quote:
All I did was ES&S, play my guitar, and Oblivion on Xbox360.
ES&S?

Old
  (#15)

Default Re: Weekend report! - 09-14-2008, 11:03 PM

Yeah, you know Eat, Sleep and Sh*!.

Always scoop the mids!!

Old
  (#16)

Default Re: Weekend report! - 09-14-2008, 11:06 PM

Quote:
Yeah, you know Eat, Sleep and Sh*!.
Haha, oddly, I'd never heard that'un!

Old
  (#17)

Default Re: Weekend report! - 09-15-2008, 09:17 AM

Yeah, I pretty much was just a bum this weekend.

Always scoop the mids!!

Re: Weekend report! (Oct. 10-12 ed.)
Old
  (#18)

Default Re: Weekend report! (Oct. 10-12 ed.) - 10-13-2008, 02:13 PM

Friday: brought home pizza for la familia and beer for me. Hung out with Los Krashpaditos while Mrs. K was at a happy hour with her work friends.

Saturday: In the early afternoon we worked on my son's science experiment (rock candy, yum!). Then he and I and La Krashpadita drove into town for parking detail at our church, picking up one of El Krashpadito's friends on the way. Our church is about 5 blocks from Florida Field (a/k/a The Swamp), so every home game, they sell parking spaces and make a batch of money for the youth group and college ministry (we have 2 interconnected lots, one at the church and one at the vicarage). Most of the spaces at the church are reserved, so the work involves mainly setting out traffic cones on each space with the persons' names on them, then collecting them when the lot is full.

As the game begins we order pizza, and then take the cones back down. While we were there, the youth group's adult leader asked if La Krashpadita wanted to be the youth representative to the church's Youth Group Advisory Panel, all the rest of which are adults (she later decided she would do that). I'm very proud of her-- but the church had better be ready for some opinions.

After pizza and traffic-cone removal, we went home and watched the Gators dismantle the 3rd-ranked LSU Tigers and win by 30 points. GO GATORS!

Sunday: went to church, El Krashpadito was serving his first Sunday as an acolyte, so that now all our family has served in such capacity when the time came:

I couldn't be more prouderer.

During the service, I noted that one of the songs specifically called for both a bass solo and for electric guitars to come in halfway through, but none were there. I've offered to play either bass or guitar and they're too pansy to go for it (I know it's not me not being up to it, because I played at this church's sister church for a decade, plus they have another guitarist who could play if not me). Mrs. K foolishly let La Krashpadita (age 15) drive us through town traffic all the way home, and only due to the grace of Divine Providence did we survive unscathed.

In the afternoon I watched some NFL football and then the evening was spent helping El Krashpadito study for a history test. Mrs. K wasn't convinced he was studied-up enough though, so this morning I quizzed him some more and drove him to school so we could study (using flash cards) more on the way.

I now know all 6 major ancient Mesopotamian civilizations in historical order and all their starting dates. Plus a bunch more crap.

How about y'all?

Old
  (#19)
Put up or shut up!
MrSandMan has disabled reputation

Default Re: Weekend report! - 10-15-2008, 03:29 PM

We have an acre of wooded land (mostly bushes and dead trees) that I am trying to clear-cut out.

Dogs ran away Saturday, which is really not good. We have a chain link fence around the front of our yard because we have a busy highway out front.

So all we did was landscape and chase dogs

Visit http://gear-vault.com/ for guitar reviews

Old
  (#20)

Default Re: Weekend report! - 10-15-2008, 04:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrSandMan
We have an acre of wooded land (mostly bushes and dead trees) that I am trying to clear-cut out.

Dogs ran away Saturday, which is really not good. We have a chain link fence around the front of our yard because we have a busy highway out front.

So all we did was landscape and chase dogs
Yikes! Doggie mojo sent!