Forum Register FAQ Members Calendar New Posts

Massive Selection of Guitars Online Guitar Center Guitar at Music123 New Day, New Deal at American Musical Supply
Go Back   Gear-Monkey Guitar Community > Gear > Amps
Reload this Page Now I'm undecisive...
Amps Amp and rig talk

Now I'm undecisive...
Old
  (#1)
ninja636 is on a distinguished road

Default Now I'm undecisive... - 06-27-2008, 05:28 AM

...you guy's know I'm saving up for the ISP amp, but while in ATL the other day I stopped at a music store we were passing. I saw some Soldano's and the sales guy came over and let me try out the SLO100 w/ the dual overdrive mod(no clean channel). And also the SLO100 with the SRV mod. I instantly fell in love with both. Now I can't decide if I want the ISP, or both the Soldano's one for distortion(dual od), and the SRV modded one for it's sweet as candied sex clean tone. Man, decisions, decisions. Oh yeah btw, both amps and their respective cabs were covered in this ugly ass snakeskin, I'd have to custom order mine in purple, or red.

Always scoop the mids!!
If it ain't METAL...it AIN'T music.

Re: Now I'm undecisive...
Old
  (#2)
Put up or shut up!
MrSandMan has disabled reputation

Default Re: Now I'm undecisive... - 06-27-2008, 11:24 AM

That's a tough one man. Trying to pick out the right amp is never easy when you have a few great ones in your scope. And then, sometimes, after you pick out the amp, you might second guess your decision- (or atleast I have.)

Unless you can afford both, you have a lot of thinking to do. Weighing out the pros and cons of each... and deciding what is the best all-around-fit for you. -which amp would you plug into most of the time if you had both in your arsenal...

What type of music and tone are you after? Are you in a working/gigging band of play guitar for leisure?

-Amp shopping is always fun

Visit http://gear-vault.com/ for guitar reviews

Re: Now I'm undecisive...
Old
  (#3)
MatrixClaw is on a distinguished road

Send a message via AIM to MatrixClaw Send a message via Yahoo to MatrixClaw  
Default Re: Now I'm undecisive... - 06-27-2008, 01:30 PM

I've tried the ISP and it was pretty cool, but the SLO100 is one of the best amps I've ever played and I don't think that'll change.

If I was in your situation, I'd buy the SLO, but no sense in buying two, especially if you want one for clean, I'd rather have some higher end Fender, especially since SLOs are crazy expensive. Maybe try a regular one and see how you like it?

Or you could get the Avenger, which is the SLO's lead channel more or less and a clean amp. Only downside with that is it doesn't have an FX-Loop if you need it.

Randall RM4/Mesa 2:90
Ampeg VH-140C
Duncan Convertible

[COLOR=Gray]Marshall 1960
Genz Benz G-Flex
Lopo 2x12

Ibanez RG3120 Prestige
Jackson RR5
Edwards E-LP-92SD
Aria Nexter

[URL=http://profile.ultimate-guitar.com/MatrixClaw/blog/23970/][SIZE=5]Mesa/Boogie Price