Forum Register FAQ Members Calendar New Posts Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Massive Selection of Guitars Online Guitar Center Guitar at Music123 New Day, New Deal at American Musical Supply
Go Back   Gear-Monkey Guitar Community > Welcome > The Pit
Reload this Page Weekend report!
The Pit General discussion - 18 and over recommended

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Weekend report!
Old
  (#1)
Brian Krashpad is on a distinguished road

Default Weekend report! - 06-29-2008, 10:14 PM

OK, I've tried to get people to talk about their musical hisotry, or post any press they've gotten as a result of same.

Here's a new idea.

On Sunday night, or Monday, come here and tell us about your weekend. More interesting things happen on weekends. And even if nothing really interesting happened, tell us anyhow!

That said, my weekend:

Friday:

My brother-in-law had volunteered to come hlep up with some home improvements this weekend and bring his nice mitre saw to cut our laminate to length as we installed it, but some stuff came up and he bailed.

So, me and Mrs. K went and bought a 10" compound mitre saw at Lowe's. Marked for a certain price on the box, but right next to it was a big neon green sign saying "Black & Decker bench and hand tools 15% off."

So we get to the checkout, and say, "It should be 15% off." Cashier is a schlub with no authority so he calls the head cashier, a mean little 5 foot-nothing bulldyke named "Star" (not that there's anything wrong with that) over. I walk her over to the sign. She say's the 15% is already off, even though the price on the item doesn't show any markdown. She's like "Too bad, it's in the computer, only the manager..."

"Let's go get the manager."

So the manager comes over and makes it right, and Star evaporates before we can turn around to thank her for her "help." I mean she literally ran in the opposite direction as soon as my back was turned.

Little bitch.

Saturday:

Installed laminate wood flooring in our living room and dining room all day. First, we pulled up the remainder of the carpet that had been under the sideboard, and finished putting a vapor barrier down in the dining room. Then, we had to move the sideboard to the opposite side of the room. We'd already taken all the drawers out.

My wife assured me there was nothing breakable left in the 2 side compartments with doors on them.

Foolishly, I trusted her.

We called the kids in and picked the thing up. Side compartment door opens, a bunch of stuff slides onto the floor with the sound of breaking glass. My left foot is immediately pierced in 2 different places, and, I later noticed, I had a 1-inch gash on the side of my right foot as well. Fortunately, although there's some blood, they are all extremely shallow cuts, really only like scratches. I looked for some band-aids for the bigger, bleeding, one on the bottom of my left foot so I wouldn't bleed on the new floor. Finding no band-aids, I washed off the cut, put a small piece of paper towel over it to sop up any leaks, and wrapped some packing tape around it and up and over my ankle a time or 2 so it wouldn't come lose.

Good as new!

So then we cleaned up the mess, and finished moving the sideboard. We set up the mitre saw on a table on the front porch, and kept our hand jigsaw out there too for cutting around obstacles (Of course, even though they were under the porch, when we were done we brought the saws in overnight.) We layed laminate all day,from the west wall until we got to the eastern end of the opening between the 2 rooms. This left about 3 feet in the dining room, and about 1/3 of the (larger) living room to complete. However, we had no plans to immediately complete the living room, because in the remaing 1/3 of the room is our huge computer armoire, which will have to be emptied and moved before we can floor under it ( and there's still carpet under the computer armoire that'll have to be pulled up, etc.).

Sunday:

Finished dining room flooring. Only 3 or so feet, but took forever, because each pice ad to be ripped to fit along the far edge, plus we had to make special cuts to fit into the transition into the doorway to the kitchen. The kitchen doorway jigsaw cutting took at least 3 hours.

Watched the Euro 2008 Championship match.

Moved the sideboard back into the dining room, moved the dining table back into the dining room. Took down the cornice board over the living room window (for painting walls later). Took down table on porch and brough saws back in. Son got invited to stay over at his friend's huse, so left around dinner.

Now eating pizza and drinking beer.

Should be reading the transcript of a 3-day divorce trial.

Maybe later tonight.

Probably not.