Forum Register FAQ Members Calendar New Posts Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Massive Selection of Guitars Online Guitar Center Guitar at Music123 New Day, New Deal at American Musical Supply
Go Back   Gear-Monkey Guitar Community > Welcome > The Pit > Music
Reload this Page Allright folks: Lets talk your top 5 Metal/Hard Rock bands from the 80's.
Music Discuss everything about the bands and songs you love and hate.

Allright folks: Lets talk your top 5 Metal/Hard Rock bands from the 80's.
Old
  (#1)
V-Type is on a distinguished road

Default Allright folks: Lets talk your top 5 Metal/Hard Rock bands from the 80's. - 03-04-2008, 12:47 AM

Well I like pretty much anything but todays Rap and Boy bands. But when I play its always in the vein of the 80's Hard Rock /Metal more than anything.
So If you had too name youre top 5 Hard Rock/Metal bands from the 80's or were prominent in the 80's then list em.
Mine are easy:
Ozzy with Rhoads and Jake - This stuff is what melded my playing today and never gets boring even in constant loop mode.
VH with Roth - Its kinda cheesey at times but EVH and Dave are a perfect match musically. Amazing guitar and songs. Fair Warning is a Gem top too bottom.
Metallica - From Kill em All too And Justice IMO they truly kicked ass across the board both playing and writing. They were angry and novel and the music was perfect.
Ratt - Yeah they look like Hair Metal Cheese with matching lyric's. But the Riffs and tandem playing of both DiMartini and Crosby was Killer. I dug the Cellar tones from the Marshall and Laneys they used.
Anthrax - They turned into a joke band later on but from Spreading the Disease to State of Euphoria they had some Excellent Thrash metal riffs and Danny Spitz actually played real good leads early on.

Thats my top 5 with a little insight.
:winkx:
I

Re: Allright folks: Lets talk your top 5 Metal/Hard Rock bands from the 80's.
Old
  (#2)
floydmoline is on a distinguished road

Send a message via AIM to floydmoline Send a message via MSN to floydmoline Send a message via Yahoo to floydmoline  
Default Re: Allright folks: Lets talk your top 5 Metal/Hard Rock bands from the 80's. - 03-04-2008, 09:41 AM

1. Led Zeppelin
2. Guns N' Roses
3. U2
4. Skidrow
5. Megadeth

though i don't know if U2 would be concidered hard rock, the 80's are a hard era for me...... i was too young to care, and never got itno much from that era, that was the era of bands with one decent song and a bunch of shit to me, move forward or backward 10 years and you have something lol IMO

stuff it....... then bake it.......

Old
  (#3)
torgeot is on a distinguished road

Default Re: Allright folks: Lets talk your top 5 Metal/Hard Rock bands from the 80's. - 03-04-2008, 12:19 PM

OK, there's 2 trains of thought, one is who shaped metal in the 80's and probably since I'm a guitar player who shaped it with guitar, or who was just the best metal / hard rock bands. I'm going to go with just the band angle

in no order:
Iron Maiden
Metallica
Queensryche (may seem an odd choice but they were progressive for their time, no one else did what they did)
Ozzy with Randy
GNR

Gibsons - Fenders - Ibanez's - EBMM's
Marshall - Peavey - Ashdown
Boss - Morley - Rocktron - Roland

Old
  (#4)
Monster is on a distinguished road

Send a message via Yahoo to Monster  
Default Re: Allright folks: Lets talk your top 5 Metal/Hard Rock bands from the 80's. - 03-04-2008, 12:21 PM

megadeth
aerosmith
queensryche
tora tora
scorpions