Forum Register FAQ Members Calendar New Posts Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Massive Selection of Guitars Online Guitar Center Guitar at Music123 New Day, New Deal at American Musical Supply
Go Back   Gear-Monkey Guitar Community > Welcome > The Pit
Reload this Page Harmony-Central Forum is a mess
The Pit General discussion - 18 and over recommended

Old
  (#21)
Brian Krashpad is on a distinguished road

Default 04-14-2010, 04:06 PM

First, welcome to new peeps from H-C.

I'll keep using it I guess, as I have a lot of friends over there, but it IS clunky as hell. I'll just use it much less than I used to.

Old
  (#22)
n00b!
GrooveSkipInc is on a distinguished road

Default 04-14-2010, 08:10 PM

I'm checking you guys out because of those shenanigans.

Old
  (#23)
n00b!
TheLivingDead is on a distinguished road

Default 04-14-2010, 08:34 PM

Yes it definitely blows... That's why I'm here.

Lookin' for a new place to sell gear.

Old
  (#24)
Put up or shut up!
MrSandMan has disabled reputation

Default 04-15-2010, 01:26 PM

Cheers and welcome fellas. HC has really thinned out. The activity over there has dropped significantly. I really do hope they change back to vBulletin. All they had to do was update vBulletin and all would have been resolved. They were using outdated software and that's why the search and other things didn't work correctly.

Just curious.... If HC changes back to vBulletin, would you return?

Visit http://gear-vault.com/ for guitar reviews

Old
  (#25)
Put up or shut up!
MrSandMan has disabled reputation

Default 04-15-2010, 01:44 PM

I read the open letter to Craig Anderton and I must say Craig seems like a real stand up guy. I honestly think he is fighting (musiciansfriend?) to go back to vBulletin. I replied in the thread to tell him to look at vBulletin 4.0. I honestly think vBulletin 4.0 will be the answer to all their problems and it will please the community.

The software they are using now looks custom built and I'm sure they are spending $10's of thousands of dollars to build it. Why not spend $250 bucks for vBulletin 4.0 and be done with it?

Visit http://gear-vault.com/ for guitar reviews

Old
  (#26)
n00b!
cincy_cosmo is on a distinguished road

Unhappy 04-15-2010, 03:14 PM

I'm also another HC person looking for a new home. My eyes feel much better here. I'm not a creature of habit and I work with software so I know how change may be painful but for the good...I just didn't see much good in what HC did to us.

Old
  (#27)
n00b!
Uncle Fester is on a distinguished road

Default 04-15-2010, 06:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrSandMan View Post
Cheers and welcome fellas. HC has really thinned out. The activity over there has dropped significantly. I really do hope they change back to vBulletin. All they had to do was update vBulletin and all would have been resolved. They were using outdated software and that's why the search and other things didn't work correctly.

Thanks. Being a luthier, I was a contributor there, primarily in AG but, also EG. The contributors is what made HC successful, and gave HC the rich content it had. A lesson apparently lost on mgmt there.

No, I am done with the place. My priorities have also changed. It's more quality of life stuff for me now. I do not miss the vitriol, and trolls they had there.

Almost retired guitarmaker, now just a cranky old bastard.

Old
  (#28)
n00b!
TheLivingDead is on a distinguished road

Default 04-15-2010, 07:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrSandMan View Post

Thanks for having us! I'm not going to stop going there completely, but I really do wish they'd change the vBulletin and other small things like bringing back the quick reply. They've already fixed some small things like now when you open a thread it actually puts you at the first post. But I'm, overall, just really disappointed with the entire change of the place. Unless they completely undo what they've done I doubt I'll be as involved with them as I was. Shame too... I was doing a lot of good business there. Ah well.

Old
  (#29)
n00b!
speakerjones is on a distinguished road

Default 04-16-2010, 03:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uncle Fester View Post
Thanks. Being a luthier, I was a contributor there, primarily in AG but, also EG. The contributors is what made HC successful, and gave HC the rich content it had. A lesson apparently lost on mgmt there.

No, I am done with the place. My priorities have also changed. It's more quality of life stuff for me now. I do not miss the vitriol, and trolls they had there.
Likewise. I've heard that they're considering rolling back to vbulletin, but I don't think I'll ever spend as much time as I did. It was starting to get overrun by idiots and trolls. Oh well!

Old
  (#30)
n00b!
speakerjones is on a distinguished road

Default 04-16-2010, 03:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian Krashpad View Post
First, welcome to new peeps from H-C.

I'll keep using it I guess, as I have a lot of friends over there, but it IS clunky as hell. I'll just use it much less than I used to.
Same here Brian. I'll check in from time to time, but I'm not going to contribute like I did. I'm kind of liking smaller forums like this, and Mark Wein's forum. Less BS drama on smooth platforms.