Forum Register FAQ Members Calendar New Posts Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Massive Selection of Guitars Online Guitar Center Guitar at Music123 New Day, New Deal at American Musical Supply
Go Back   Gear-Monkey Guitar Community > Guitars > Electric Guitars
Reload this Page Agile AL-3000 / AL3100 series VS Gibson Epipnone Les Paul Guitar Review

Agile AL-3000 / AL3100 series VS Gibson Epipnone Les Paul Guitar Review
Old
  (#1)
Put up or shut up!
MrSandMan has disabled reputation

Default Agile AL-3000 / AL3100 series VS Gibson Epipnone Les Paul Guitar Review - 05-03-2008, 12:59 AM

The Agile AL-3000 and AL-3100 series guitars give the Gibson Les Paul a run for the money. Agile AL-3000 series cost around $400, including shipping. Lower cost than the Epiphone Les Paul Custom and Standard. I’ve owned a couple Gibson Les Paul guitars. While the Agile may not have the same fits and finish quality as the Gibson Les Paul, it is pretty darn good for less than 1/4th the cost! I’ve owned Epi LPs over the years, and Agile are all around nicer than Epiphone Les Paul.

As mentioned earlier, the Agile guitar’s fit and finish is superb, especially for the price. Agile are made in Korea, designed by Kurt from Rondomusic.com. (Some Epiphone Les Paul were Korean made also, but I believe Epi’s maker is a crap-shoot). The Agile guitars for this price point are a precision built musical instrument. From $200 - $400 for an Agile, Korean made, precision built, good set-up job, solid mahogany with one piece mahogany set neck, Alnico humbucker pickups, choice of nut size and bone / graphite nut, plenty of options of finishes, Abalone Trapezodial inlays, hand file frets. Agile are absolutely a rockin guitar.

Gear-Vault Blog

Visit http://gear-vault.com/ for guitar reviews

Re: Agile AL-3000 / AL3100 series VS Gibson Epipnone Les Paul Guitar Review
Old
  (#2)
Put up or shut up!

Default Re: Agile AL-3000 / AL3100 series VS Gibson Epipnone Les Paul Guitar Review - 11-04-2009, 08:13 PM

I personally like Korean made Agile's better than China made Epiphone. Same with Carparelli and Michael Kelly guitars are Korean made. The wood and craftsmanship just feels so much nicer to me.

Old
  (#3)
n00b!
silvertear is on a distinguished road

Default Re: Agile AL-3000 / AL3100 series VS Gibson Epipnone Les Paul Guitar Review - 11-09-2009, 07:18 AM

It all depends on staff, knowledge, leadership, training, cohesiveness in production standards, the supply of wood, etc. etc. to make a good guitar happen. It really doesn't mater which side of the field you're on but the people involved make all the difference.

LP/SG/Bird/SG

Old
  (#4)
jackal is on a distinguished road

Send a message via MSN to jackal  
Default Re: Agile AL-3000 / AL3100 series VS Gibson Epipnone Les Paul Guitar Review - 11-19-2009, 12:27 AM

What about these guitars? have you stried on sandman????

http://store.guitarfetish.com/xaviereguitars.html

Randall RM100LB (Lynch Box)
-Blackface mod
-SL+ mod
-Treadplate Mod(JF modded)
-XTC mod
Stiletto 4x12 Slant cab w/ Vintage 30's
Randall 2x12 Cab
Ibanez Weeping Demon Wah
GUITARS
ESP LTD Truckster
ESP LTD Viper 500S
Aria Pro II ZZ Custom Deluxe
'83 B.C Rich Bich NJ (Drop C)
Taylor 316CE Acoustic
Taylor 116CE (Drop A)

Old
  (#5)
Put up or shut up!

Default Re: Agile AL-3000 / AL3100 series VS Gibson Epipnone Les Paul Guitar Review - 11-19-2009, 02:11 PM

I'm hoping to work with GuitarFetish for the next guitar give away. That said, I have not played a Xaviere guitar but read good things about them. Mmm, maybe we should review one for Gear Vault...

Old
  (#6)
jackal is on a distinguished road

Send a message via MSN to jackal  
Default Re: Agile AL-3000 / AL3100 series VS Gibson Epipnone Les Paul Guitar Review - 11-19-2009, 06:40 PM

Well looking at them quickly they look good for the buck, but im curious at how an in depth review of it would turn out. Hows the maple cap sound compared to a Gibson lp cap, and so on, it would be nice to see a spec sheet, price tag, sound test, and over all feel of the guitars all lined up beside each other (Xaviere, Agile, epiphone, Gibson). for the LP models i mean

Randall RM100LB (Lynch Box)
-Blackface mod
-SL+ mod
-Treadplate Mod(JF modded)
-XTC mod
Stiletto 4x12 Slant cab w/ Vintage 30's
Randall 2x12 Cab
Ibanez Weeping Demon Wah
GUITARS
ESP LTD Truckster
ESP LTD Viper 500S
Aria Pro II ZZ Custom Deluxe
'83 B.C Rich Bich NJ (Drop C)
Taylor 316CE Acoustic
Taylor 116CE (Drop A)

Old
  (#7)
Put up or shut up!

Default Re: Agile AL-3000 / AL3100 series VS Gibson Epipnone Les Paul Guitar Review - 11-19-2009, 07:05 PM

That's why I like to research where guitars are actually made. Finding the hands that built these guitars can sometimes be telling. In some cases, the same hands that build Cort guitars, for example, also build Ibanez, Parkwood, ESP, Schecter, G&L Tribute series line of guitars are among the most well-known brands. I'm also willing to bet Cort build Agile and Xaviere where the Korean made Epiphones were made (before moving to China). That said, I don't know if Cort is responsible for any of the aforementioned LP guitars. Just a hunch that I have. If not Cort then it could be Samick who builds them.

I think you have it right though Jackal. If you like Agile and Epiphone, chances are you'll like Xaviere guitars all the same after a few simple mods (tuners, pickups).