Forum Register FAQ Members Calendar New Posts Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Massive Selection of Guitars Online Guitar Center Guitar at Music123 New Day, New Deal at American Musical Supply
Go Back   Gear-Monkey Guitar Community > Guitars > Electric Guitars
Reload this Page 2008 Gibson Explorer WWYD?

2008 Gibson Explorer WWYD?
Old
  (#1)
yuyaya is on a distinguished road

Cool 2008 Gibson Explorer WWYD? - 01-27-2013, 08:36 AM

[FONT="Times New Roman"][SIZE="3"]What would you do? This Gibson just landed in my lap yesterday. A friend dropped by and needed some beer labels printed and pulled this thing out(I'll uploaded photos later). Story goes it was with a group of other X-plorers that had finish options on them for or from a local finishing shop...still have not figured out that info yet. The guitar has never been completed...the nut guled and seal but uncut, nothing mounted, no screws or bushings installed...just a carcass ready to go! I check the Gibson site with the serial number that is stamped/embossed in the rear of the headstock and it's a Nashville April 2008 guitar. Has "NA" written in the neck pickup cavity, = Natual?, which it is. And "DSXR" in the bridge pickup cavity, = X-factor Explorere?

What would you do as far as finishing it off? Gold hardware and black guard...or white? I've got most of the parts to finish it off but they are chrome. So I'm thinking a white guard and black knobs and rings etc.

Anybody have a Explorer that can mail me a paper trace of the guard?

What type bridge fits the small holes, a ABR or nashville? Photo soon...seems the holes are to big for just threaded post and not really large enough for the big bushings...so it must be the small stud style bushings. I've got a gibson marked bridge with the retainer so I'm guesssing that is the ABR style? I'm thinking of using it but will need to get bushings and post for it.

The side jack plate, these are narrow, not square, compared to the les paul style correct?

It had a bunch of decals on it..seems a little girl had it and Hello Kitty was the fix. My friend did the best he could and cleaned it off and did a good job by not scratching anything. He got the guitar and thought of me...how nice is that! I'll clean it today and oild the fretboard as it's never been done and snap some photos. Im excitied as I had been on the hunt for a V since listening to a lot more Saxon lately while delivering the mail!

*removed*

Last edited by MrSandMan; 03-14-2014 at 02:20 PM.. Reason: removed spam links