Forum Register FAQ Members Calendar New Posts Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Massive Selection of Guitars Online Guitar Center Guitar at Music123 New Day, New Deal at American Musical Supply
Go Back   Gear-Monkey Guitar Community > Welcome > Classifieds
Reload this Page Randy Rhoads Style Head cabs
Classifieds Want to buy or sell your music gear? Post here

Re: Randy Rhoads Style Head cabs
Old
  (#21)
Vintageheadbox is on a distinguished road

Default Re: Randy Rhoads Style Head cabs - 03-21-2008, 01:45 PM

I see your point there will alaways be those people that will try to get away with anything they can.. The problem is that people pay for it anyway.. So what are ya gonna do..
I try to fair to myself and my customers, yet I dont want to undercut the market and make nothing...

Jerry

Old
  (#22)
floydmoline is on a distinguished road

Send a message via AIM to floydmoline Send a message via MSN to floydmoline Send a message via Yahoo to floydmoline  
Default Re: Randy Rhoads Style Head cabs - 03-22-2008, 12:32 AM

if you undercut the market, and still make a profiet there is no reason not to :-D lower price = more sales since more people can actually afford them, like me i am getting into building pedals, i don't even feel right charging an insane amount for pedals...... obviosly you raise your price if you are selling more than you can make, but i doubt that's going to be much of a problem for me atm lol

stuff it....... then bake it.......

Old
  (#23)

Send a message via AIM to floydmoline Send a message via MSN to floydmoline Send a message via Yahoo to floydmoline  
Default Re: Randy Rhoads Style Head cabs - 03-22-2008, 12:35 AM

a second thought lol, i do have to give you kudos, while your prices may seem expensive to other folks...... i recently built a cabinet..... i know the price of tolex lol, so i know you are making a profiet..... but you aren't making that much heh, the hardware, tolex, handles add up really quickly

Old
  (#24)

Default Re: Randy Rhoads Style Head cabs - 03-23-2008, 01:38 PM

Well Im definately not in this to lose Money thats forsure....lol
And lets not forget Glue electricity, heat, Gas to pick up materials shipping cost and the nickel and dime stuff and the time it takes to build one. oh yeah and the tools and the up keep.. so there is much more iinvolved than just looking at the price and saying "wow
he's ripping people off" Not that you said that, but Im sure some people think that , I know I have in the past...

Old
  (#25)

Default Re: Randy Rhoads Style Head cabs - 03-24-2008, 08:04 AM

that was my point exactly, i have dealt recently with the price of speaker cabinet materials, and it adds up fast, the WHOLESALE price of tolex is insane....... 25 dollars a yard wholesale is a WTF moment heh, christ i have a hard time digesting 7 dollars a yard for nagahyde at walmart lol let alone fo' real tolex....... that was a my first reaction at 250$ for a head cab then you break it down, and you are making money that is for sure, but it's not what botique guys are getting for pedals, 30 dollar in materials = 300 dollar sale...... that's just plain stupid

Old
  (#26)

Default Re: Randy Rhoads Style Head cabs - 03-24-2008, 09:50 AM

I hear ya .. but you know if there is a demand for the product and people are willing to pay an outragous price.All we can do is move on and shake our heads...Im trying to keep my products competitive. Im a one of kind builder and could easily have my prices higher.
But I want to be fair in my pricing and give forth a Great product..

Jerry