Forum Register FAQ Members Calendar New Posts Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Massive Selection of Guitars Online Guitar Center Guitar at Music123 New Day, New Deal at American Musical Supply
Go Back   Gear-Monkey Guitar Community > Welcome > The Pit > Music
Reload this Page What bands have you seen live?
Music Discuss everything about the bands and songs you love and hate.

Re: What bands have you seen live?
Old
  (#11)
Brian Krashpad is on a distinguished road

Default Re: What bands have you seen live? - 04-13-2008, 09:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by characterzero
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian Krashpad
Rolling Stones
Tom Petty & the Heartbreakers
The Ramones
James Brown and the Soul Generals
George Clinton and the P-Funk All-Stars
The Police
I would love to have seen those shows (read see most of those artists in their hey-day instead the really overpriced retirement tours). I especially wish I'd gotten to see James Brown, that would've been awesome.
Stones was in the early 80's, Van Halen was the middle slot (Brownsville Station opened), at the Orange Bowl, iirc in Orlando. TP & the HB's was also in the 80's, right here in Gainesville at the University of Florida. The Police was sometime in the 80's at the Jacksonville Memorial Coliseum.

George Clinton I saw twice, now that I think about it, both times for free. First time was in the 80's at the O'Connell Center at UF. The band's gear truck broke down on the way to the show. A bandmate of mine was working UF's tech crew ("Spinal Tech," they're called) for the show and called me up and told me to bring my amp over to the venue. At the time I lived about 3 or 4 blocks away, and it was a nice day and the amp was on casters, so I just walked it over. Went in through the backstage loading dock, got a backstage pass in return for the loan of the amp.

The second time I saw George Clinton was in the 90's at a festival I was either playing at or had a press pass to. I saw James Brown for free at the same festival either the year before or after. I was playing at one and press at the other, but at this point can't remember which was which; both times I had laminates to get me backstage at the different stages' areas, though the mainstage had a special area apart from the regular backstage where the headliners were, which I couldn't get in. James Brown did a lot of music directing for the band, and played keyboards on a few songs, but was not really visible to the audience while playing keys. Very talented.

Old
  (#12)
Redline68 is on a distinguished road

Default Re: What bands have you seen live? - 04-30-2008, 06:10 PM

Wow, some of you guys have quite a list. Some major names that I can remember:

Allman Brothers
Little Feat
Rolling Stones (Lving Color opened)
The Kinks
Genesis
Meatloaf

Old
  (#13)
n00b!
JulieT is on a distinguished road

Default Re: What bands have you seen live? - 07-26-2008, 03:42 PM

I bet I will have the shortest list on here. I have seen Flogging Molly. That's it. I almost had tickets to Rush in Jacksonville, FL and that would have been awesome.

Old
  (#14)
ninja636 is on a distinguished road

Default Re: What bands have you seen live? - 07-26-2008, 07:43 PM

Def Leppard, Van Halen, Quiet Riot, AC/DC, Slayer, Sepultura, Prong, Celtic Frost, Power Mad, Testament, Flotsam and Jetsam, Dokken, Lynch Mob, Anthrax, Obituary, Death, Pantera, Damage Plan, David Lee Roth, Steve Vai, Yngwie Malmsteen, Joe Satriani, Helloween, Rick Springfield, Bruce Springsteen, GWAR, Poison, Faster Pussycat, Guns and Roses, Iron Maiden, Judas Priest, Eric Clapton, Queensryche, Ratt, Firehouse, Nelson, Tesla, Skid Row, Jackyl, Warrant, Robert Plant, White Lion, Primus, Red Hot Chili Peppers, Mega Deth, Cinderella, COB, COC, Vixen, Madonna(went with a girlfriend), Cindi Lauper(sp,sorry), In Flames, As I lay Dying, Dragonforce, Cradle of Filth, Showdown, Iron Fire, UFO, MSG, Scorpions, Bon Jovi, dio, Dream Theatre, 3 Inches of Blood, BLS, Ozzy, Krokus, WASP, Accept, Overkill, Exodus, Death Angel, Nuclear Assualt, Arch Enemy, White Zombie, Europe, Killswitch Engage, Ozzfest 3x, Midtown Atlanta Music Festival 2x, Sounds of The Underground 1x.

That's all I can remember right now.
Edit: Being as I'm from Augusta GA, allthough I've never actually seen him perform, I did MEET James Brown on several occasions. He shopped at the Bi-Lo Grocery store up the street from my house, but lived in North Augusta(in SC). I never understood that. But he's a very funny guy to tconverse with, and I was a teen at the time, so he always seemed larger than life to me. I also remeber seeing him being chased by the cops one day, which ended up being very over publicized. He did go to jail for a little while if I remember correctly.

Always scoop the mids!!
If it ain't METAL...it AIN'T music.

Old
  (#15)

Default Re: What bands have you seen live? - 07-27-2008, 07:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JulieT
I bet I will have the shortest list on here. I have seen Flogging Molly. That's it. I almost had tickets to Rush in Jacksonville, FL and that would have been awesome.
I have an album by Flogging Molly that's great, they would be a fun band to see live I would think.

Jax-- do you live there, or in north FL/south GA? I went to high school out at the beach (Neptune Beach, went to Fletcher HS), my dad retired from the navy (last duty was Mayport on the carriers) there. I went to UF and stayed in Gainesville after I graduated, great music scene here.

Old
  (#16)
n00b!
JulieT is on a distinguished road

Default Re: What bands have you seen live? - 07-27-2008, 04:20 PM

Thanks. Flogging Molly was great, I just wish that some of the fan would just go away and be "emo" by themselves. I don't live in Jax, my buddy went to school up there and we crashed with him. I lived in central florida at the time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian Krashpad
Quote:
I have an album by Flogging Molly that's great, they would be a fun band to see live I would think.

Jax-- do you live there, or in north FL/south GA? I went to high school out at the beach (Neptune Beach, went to Fletcher HS), my dad retired from the navy (last duty was Mayport on the carriers) there. I went to UF and stayed in Gainesville after I graduated, great music scene here.

Old
  (#17)

Default Re: What bands have you seen live? - 07-27-2008, 05:56 PM

Quote:
Thanks. Flogging Molly was great, I just wish that some of the fan would just go away and be "emo" by themselves. I don't live in Jax, my buddy went to school up there and we crashed with him. I lived in central florida at the time.
I'm surprised emo kids would show up for Flogging Molly. That's just odd.