Forum Register FAQ Members Calendar New Posts Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Massive Selection of Guitars Online Guitar Center Guitar at Music123 New Day, New Deal at American Musical Supply
Go Back   Gear-Monkey Guitar Community > Guitars > Electric Guitars
Reload this Page New Case Day!

New Case Day!
Old
  (#1)
Brian Krashpad is on a distinguished road

Default New Case Day! - 09-10-2008, 11:43 AM

OK, it's no new guitar day, but now at least I gots me a case for my Epi WildKat, Goldie. A forumite on Harmony-Central, Mike Fiasco, sold me a beater Yamaha case he had but wasn't using, for $45 plus shipping. So I paid about half what a new Epi case would run, and we both get karma points on the whole reuse/recycle tip.

Anyhow, more as a means of quick identification than anything else, I always slap a batch of stickers on my cases, because if you're playing with 2 or 3 other bands and each band brings 4 or 5 guitars, well, that's a lot of guitar cases, usually stacked all together in some small dark space. So I went rummaging through what few stickers I had, printed out a couple home-made ones (if you put a piece of clear packing tape over a printed-out design on a piece of paper it looks pretty much like a vinyl sticker, and is fairly waterproof), and slapped 'em all over the case. Between the beater condition and the stickers, she blends right in with all my other cases (better for peace and domestic tranquility out at Casa Krashpad).

Here's the top of the case:

Here's the back:

Here's Goldie in her new home!

The WildKat is a funky size, bigger than a Les Paul but smaller than standard semi/hollows. So the case is a smidgen big, especially along the north-south axis (i.e., lengthwise), but I'll throw a towel or t-shirt in to minimize guitar movement. Here's a comparison of the big (standard semi/hollow Yamaha) case with my Gibson Les Paul case:

An actual Epi WildKat case would be right between those two in size.

While I had the camera out I took some pics of my Les Paul Classic, I'll post those here later

Re: New Case Day!
Old
  (#2)

Default Re: New Case Day! - 09-10-2008, 12:13 PM

Here's the shots I took of my LP (I put a Duncan Custom 5 in the bridge and didn't have pics showing that) while I was taking the case pics:

Old
  (#3)
Put up or shut up!
MrSandMan has disabled reputation

Default Re: New Case Day! - 09-10-2008, 05:34 PM

Damn those are some sexy guitars!

Man I want to play'em! I really like Seymour Ducan Customs

Visit http://gear-vault.com/ for guitar reviews

Old
  (#4)

Default Re: New Case Day! - 09-17-2008, 03:27 PM

It's kind of driving me nuts because I'm not really gigging right now and the church gig doesn't seem to be panning out either, on any kind of a regular basis. Right now I have 2 guitars I've never even gigged once, and at least a couple I've only gigged once. They need to be giiged and played at band volume for me to get a good feel for them and their capabilities.

I have played the LP at church after putting the Custom in, but it was only for a few songs, and at nothing approaching rock band sound levels.

I may hafta get some new members and revive Crash Pad just to get some decent playing time in.

Old
  (#5)
Put up or shut up!
MrSandMan has disabled reputation

Default Re: New Case Day! - 09-17-2008, 11:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian Krashpad
It's kind of driving me nuts because I'm not really gigging right now and the church gig doesn't seem to be panning out either, on any kind of a regular basis. Right now I have 2 guitars I've never even gigged once, and at least a couple I've only gigged once. They need to be giiged and played at band volume for me to get a good feel for them and their capabilities.

I have played the LP at church after putting the Custom in, but it was only for a few songs, and at nothing approaching rock band sound levels.

I may hafta get some new members and revive Crash Pad just to get some decent playing time in.

Right on... That'd be Awesome!

Visit http://gear-vault.com/ for guitar reviews