Forum Register FAQ Members Calendar New Posts Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Massive Selection of Guitars Online Guitar Center Guitar at Music123 New Day, New Deal at American Musical Supply
Go Back   Gear-Monkey Guitar Community > Gear > Gear Building & Customization
Reload this Page NMD (New Mandolin Day)!
Gear Building & Customization Discuss amp building, making pedals and modding guitars in here.

NMD (New Mandolin Day)!
Old
  (#1)
Brian Krashpad is on a distinguished road

Default NMD (New Mandolin Day)! - 02-17-2009, 10:48 PM

So my dad recently asked for the mandolin I borrowed off him years ago back. I didn't have any use for it anyhow, except for a song that I want the recorded version of to have mando on it (to get a Celtic feel).

So I recently stumbled on a cheapo Oscar Schmidt/Washburn OM-10E "Faith" mando on my local Craigslist. The "Faith" is apparently something they marketed to church players because it's white and they put a "fish" symbol on the headstock. There's a regular version in sunburrst without the fish, but this one was the "Faith" version. The pickup is in the bridge, and not visible.

Here's a stock pic from a music store site:

For some reason the one for sale was missing the pickguard, which is really no big whup to me. Everything works, so I went ahead and bought it. The seller threw in a strap. No case. $85 USD.

Re: NMD (New Mandolin Day)!
Old
  (#2)
crazy_guitar_man is on a distinguished road

Default Re: NMD (New Mandolin Day)! - 02-17-2009, 11:52 PM

that is a nice little find...i am thinking about buying one of the grizzly kits for one of these becuz my other guitar is almost done and it is fun to work on guitars and a good way to spend time with my pap

http://gear-vault.com/classifieds <---------go there sell your gear or maybe find that one thing you have been looking for!!!!

Old
  (#3)
Brian Krashpad is on a distinguished road

Default Re: NMD (New Mandolin Day)! - 02-18-2009, 04:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by crazy_guitar_man123
that is a nice little find...i am thinking about buying one of the grizzly kits for one of these becuz my other guitar is almost done and it is fun to work on guitars and a good way to spend time with my pap
I wish I were more handy. I'm not even up for all but the simplest of mods. I could never actually build anything.

Old
  (#4)
crazy_guitar_man is on a distinguished road

Default Re: NMD (New Mandolin Day)! - 02-18-2009, 06:59 PM

yeah thats what i thought too untill i started to tinker around with some stuff and realized how fun and kinda easy haha

http://gear-vault.com/classifieds <---------go there sell your gear or maybe find that one thing you have been looking for!!!!