Forum Register FAQ Members Calendar New Posts Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Massive Selection of Guitars Online Guitar Center Guitar at Music123 New Day, New Deal at American Musical Supply
Go Back   Gear-Monkey Guitar Community > Guitars > Electric Guitars
Reload this Page Dave Grohl Relieved To Be Out Nirvana's Shadow

Dave Grohl Relieved To Be Out Nirvana's Shadow
Old
  (#1)
yuyaya is on a distinguished road

Default Dave Grohl Relieved To Be Out Nirvana's Shadow - 01-16-2013, 06:34 AM

Dave Grohl says he has finally moved "out of the shadow" of his former band Nirvana, telling The Sun "I've tried to establish this band in its own right and try to get out of the shadow of Nirvana and I do that in the most respectful way. I wouldn't be here if it wasn't for Nirvana, I owe everything to that band."

The Foo Fighters movie "Back And Forth" was released in cinemas on Tuesday, which followed the story of Grohl's post-Nirvana band over their new career.

Grohl explained more about opening up in the movie during an interview with The Pulse Of Radio:

"I think I knew that I had to really tell the truth", he said. "I mean, there's some interviews where you just sort of gloss over it, because it's not something that you want to talk about all day, every day."

"But in this case, James (Moll, documentary director) was there for a reason, and I don't know how he did it, but he made you feel sort of safe in really confessing things that you may have never owned up to."

We last reported that drummer Taylor Hawkins was unhappy about the behind-the-scenes view of their more difficult periods, saying "I wish we wouldn't put the f--king movie out to be honest because I'm not really comfortable with the public sort of openness. I'm really not."

*removed*