Forum Register FAQ Members Calendar New Posts Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Massive Selection of Guitars Online Guitar Center Guitar at Music123 New Day, New Deal at American Musical Supply
Go Back   Gear-Monkey Guitar Community > Gear > Amps
Reload this Page Peavey Vypyr 30 watt
Amps Amp and rig talk

Peavey Vypyr 30 watt
Old
  (#1)
n00b!
Rickdod is on a distinguished road

Send a message via MSN to Rickdod  
Default Peavey Vypyr 30 watt - 02-17-2009, 11:51 PM

Hey guys, im a newb to this site, i actually found it on google looking up some stuff about the peavey vypyr i just bought a week or so ago. Well anyway I have been playing guitar for about 4 months now, 1 of which i just picked up the electric guitar. I purchased a Epiphone Sg 1966 reissue i like it alot, although the neck is heavy and akward when i play standing up. Anywayyyyyyyyy I also own a peavey vypyr and ive messed around and messed around with it, and i cant seem to get a clean sound out of it all the sounds are ether distortion or some wild type of sound, which i LOVE but i would love to also be able to just get a clean sound from it. Any tips or pointers??

Also any help on the guitar or anything else with the amp would be GREATLY appreciated =]]

Re: Peavey Vypyr 30 watt
Old
  (#2)
crazy_guitar_man is on a distinguished road

Default Re: Peavey Vypyr 30 watt - 02-18-2009, 12:36 AM

http://www.peavey.com/assets/literat...03584290_4.pdf

go to page 8....

i have never had this amp before but from looking at that manual you should be able to get the clean sound...

but if you turn the stompbox knob to bypass push the amp button so it is on clean and put the effects to bypass you should get a clean sound and if that doesn't work try turning the gain down....also if you want to get fancy you could put the stompbox on bypass then select a amp(probably really doesn't matter which one) and then put the effects on chorus and you should get a clean sound

like i said thats just from reading that manual so if you follow that you should be ok but yeah if this helps ya cool if not let me know and maybe i could look at it again and try to figure it out haha o and if it is possable could you put a pick of that guitar i love sg's and i am curious what that one looks like i don't think i ever saw one haha

http://gear-vault.com/classifieds <---------go there sell your gear or maybe find that one thing you have been looking for!!!!

Old
  (#3)
n00b!

Default Re: Peavey Vypyr 30 watt - 02-18-2009, 12:39 AM

Thanks alot, ill have to check it out in the morning so i dont wake anybody up lol seems pretty simple tho

OOO and here is a link to the add for my guitar on Guitar Center, the one they have as the picture is the silverburst, i have a deep cherry red one

http://cgi.ebay.com/Epiphone-Gibson-...QQcmdZViewItem

Old
  (#4)

Default Re: Peavey Vypyr 30 watt - 02-18-2009, 12:42 AM

hmm the link wouldn't work...but sounds nice haha o and actually read through that manual haha that amp seems really nice i think i might have to check one out haha i especially like the power sponge thing which makes its quiter while still getting the full tone out of amp but yeah i would say that manual gives you all you need to know i don't even have the amp but after reading some of that i feel i could work it with my eyes closed haha

http://gear-vault.com/classifieds <---------go there sell your gear or maybe find that one thing you have been looking for!!!!

Old
  (#5)
n00b!

Default Re: Peavey Vypyr 30 watt - 02-18-2009, 12:48 AM

Yeah the amp is amazing, but i dont know jack about it so im only using 10% of what it can actually do because ive only been playing electric for a month. So im trying to take in all the info i can lol, and here is a pic/stats of my guitar

Taken from the Guitar Center Website

The Epiphone Limited Edition 1966 G-400 Electric Guitar is a Gibson-authorized version of their great '66 SG with a solid mahogany body and slim-taper set mahogany neck. Some subtle-yet-significant differences make this one special. Instead of the small, lower horn-only pickguard, it has the larger pickguard so there aren't any pickup mounting rings around the high-output Alnico Classic humbuckers (the '66 SG had P-90 pickups). Separate volume and tone controls for each of the pickups give you complete control of your sound. A stopbar tailpiece and Tune-O-Matic bridge provide great sustain and tone. The deep double cutaway lets you reach all 22 frets with ease.
Epiphone Limited Edition 1966 G-400 Electric Guitar Features:

* Double-cutaway solid mahogany body
* Slim-taper set mahogany neck
* Rosewood fretboard
* 22 frets
* Alnico Classic Plus bridge humbucker
* Alnico Classic neck humbucker
* 2 volume, 2 tone controls
* 3-way pickup selector
* Grover tuners
* Tune-O-Matic bridge/stopbar tailpiece
* 24-3/4" scale
* 1.68" nut width
* Chrome hardware

Old
  (#6)

Default Re: Peavey Vypyr 30 watt - 02-18-2009, 12:56 AM

yeah i like that guitar haha i would get a epiphone but i really want the gibson so ill keep saving money haha and a arm and a leg but yeah i have a peavy myself and i am satisfied with it but 1) its not big enough and 2) it doesn't have alot of effects...so i am either going to get a half stack or something and i still don't know what i am going to do

Old
  (#7)
n00b!

Default Re: Peavey Vypyr 30 watt - 02-18-2009, 12:58 AM

Yeah i was at a mom and pop shop today and they have a vypyr just like mine and a older style peavey and they said they were almost identical except for the effects and such, o and the older one was a 45 watt i believe, i cant remember what they said lol but so far i love the amp, just wish i knew how to use all the bells and whistles

Old
  (#8)

Default Re: Peavey Vypyr 30 watt - 02-18-2009, 01:02 AM

my next question is how much was it???

Old
  (#9)
n00b!

Default Re: Peavey Vypyr 30 watt - 02-18-2009, 01:04 AM

I got the guitar off ebay (yeah it was a risky choice) but i got it for $399 it came with a hard shell case, and the guitar was basically brand new, besides the pick guard has a TON of scratches, which of course means its been played before, but besides that its in mint condition

Old
  (#10)

Default Re: Peavey Vypyr 30 watt - 02-18-2009, 01:06 AM

haha i ment the amp but yeah i got a double neck guitar kit off ebay and i thought well this could either be the shittiest thing or the coolest thing ever haha but i got it...i am not done yet but if you wanna see it go to the pit and look up my thread building a guitar i have pics in there