Forum Register FAQ Members Calendar New Posts Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Massive Selection of Guitars Online Guitar Center Guitar at Music123 New Day, New Deal at American Musical Supply
Go Back   Gear-Monkey Guitar Community > Welcome > The Pit
Reload this Page They said it wouldn't last
The Pit General discussion - 18 and over recommended

They said it wouldn't last
Old
  (#1)
Brian Krashpad is on a distinguished road

Default They said it wouldn't last - 05-23-2009, 04:52 PM

22 years today with me and Mrs. Krashpad.

Re: They said it wouldn't last
Old
  (#2)
Put up or shut up!
MrSandMan has disabled reputation

Default Re: They said it wouldn't last - 05-24-2009, 12:24 AM

Congrats to you and Mrs. Krashpad.

I have a one year coming up soon

Visit http://gear-vault.com/ for guitar reviews

Old
  (#3)

Default Re: They said it wouldn't last - 05-26-2009, 11:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrSandMan
Congrats to you and Mrs. Krashpad.

I have a one year coming up soon
Ooh, that's right I remember when you got married. Congrats in advance.

Saturday night we drove up to the little town of High Springs, northwest of Gainesville, and had a nice dinner with an old college buddy of mine and his wife. Here's where we ate:

Apparently it was some local school's graduation so the place was booked up, so we ate in the bar. Food was great, fun evening. No live music, but we were there for food and conversation anyhow.

Sunday morning I played in church. The pianist forgot to get the music director to turn on the PA, so I played to the whole church through my little 2x8 amp-- and she led the singing with no mic. Sigh. Anyhow, afterward a bunch of people including the pastor complimented me, so I guess it went OK. Also, after the service the music director asked me if I sight-read, and I told him no but I could usually figure out something with just a lead sheet. So maybe eventually I'll do something with the choir in addition to the praise band.

I played my Dano Hodad on 2 songs and my Epi T-bird bass on the third.

After I got back from church, Mrs. Krashpad and I went out looking at refrigerators. Ours is white but our stove, microwave, and dishwasher are brushed chrome, and she's been bugging me to get something that matched. We found a "Whirlpool Gold" (apparently better than without the "Gold") fridge that looks like this, for eleven-something, a floor model that had a tiny dent in one side:

Apparently this was a good price, but the cheap bastard in me still thinks it's crazy to pay that much for a fridge. Because it was a floor model, they asked if they could deliver it Monday (despite the holiday!) because their practice is to deliver floor models next day, so they don't get messed up.

The refrigerator guys came around noon on Monday. They got the fridge installed, but had to take our front door off the hinges to get it inside, and also put the old one out in the garage. Now we have more fridge space than we know what to do with.

Old
  (#4)
Put up or shut up!
MrSandMan has disabled reputation

Default Re: They said it wouldn't last - 05-27-2009, 02:27 PM

That Thunderbird is probably my favorite style of bass. If I played bass, it'd be that one. :yess:

My wife and I was actually looking at a fridge nearly identical as the one you just got. Not sure if it's the same brand, but the space is unbelievable. We're just kinda getting ideas together because our next room to remodel is the kitchen. fun-fun

Visit http://gear-vault.com/ for guitar reviews

Old
  (#5)

Default Re: They said it wouldn't last - 05-27-2009, 05:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrSandMan
That Thunderbird is probably my favorite style of bass. If I played bass, it'd be that one. :yess:

My wife and I was actually looking at a fridge nearly identical as the one you just got. Not sure if it's the same brand, but the space is unbelievable. We're just kinda getting ideas together because our next room to remodel is the kitchen. fun-fun
It was hilarious, we threw out a bunch of old/expired food from the first fridge, and have moved about half of the food we're keeping into the new one. The new one looks empty! It'll still look close to empty even when we're done moving food. The "outside" fridge will have stuff like sodas and bottled water in it mainly.