Forum Register FAQ Members Calendar New Posts Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Massive Selection of Guitars Online Guitar Center Guitar at Music123 New Day, New Deal at American Musical Supply
Go Back   Gear-Monkey Guitar Community > Guitars > Guitar Technique & Exercises
Reload this Page Practicing.. how do you do it?
Guitar Technique & Exercises Discuss music theory, writing, composition and improvising in here

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Practicing.. how do you do it?
Old
  (#1)
ninja636 is on a distinguished road

Default Practicing.. how do you do it? - 05-18-2008, 07:51 AM

Do you do scale runs, and chord progressions, or just noodle? I do the latter of the 2. If there's some new scale or mode I want to learn I learn the fingering, and then just start noodling around with it. I can't sit there and just do scale runs and chord fingerings. Too boring. Also, do you ever get days when you just don't want too play/practice? How do you get inspired to pick up your guitar on those days? I didn't even look at my guitar yesterday, until like 1am. Then I just sat there for like an hour looking at it(listening to music) before I finally played a little(like 30 minutes). I'm just trying to get ideas for different practicing techniques. I'm starting to feel a little stale, and uninspired. Really, I guess I'm getting into a rut, cause I keep practicing, and playing the same crap everyday. Thanks for any ideas to help.

Always scoop the mids!!
If it ain't METAL...it AIN'T music.