Forum Register FAQ Members Calendar New Posts Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Massive Selection of Guitars Online Guitar Center Guitar at Music123 New Day, New Deal at American Musical Supply
Go Back   Gear-Monkey Guitar Community > Guitars > Electric Guitars
Reload this Page Lets see those Beater /Junk guitars that you keep around.

Lets see those Beater /Junk guitars that you keep around.
Old
  (#1)
V-Type is on a distinguished road

Default Lets see those Beater /Junk guitars that you keep around. - 02-29-2008, 02:26 PM

I have a Magnum LP copy Ive had since 1976. It's a bolt neck and looks like a Natural finished LP Custom.
What a mess this thing was. Stock it had absolute crap hardware and p'ups that didnt even have bobbins. The neck pocket had about a 1/16" gap when lined up.
My parents spent $350 for it and the sales guy totally lied and screwed them. For another $150 they could have got a Gibson Standard at the time but this guy swore these were "as good".
The following couple of years we spent another $200 to have proper hardware installed and relocated(original hardware was mounted way off center).
Its still a beater and is inconsistent at times but finally plays and sounds half decent. What a joke this thing was though. And apparently was produced in Japan by Matsuko or Fuji Gen.
It does have a ebony board though. LOL...

Re: Lets see those Beater /Junk guitars that you keep around.
Old
  (#2)
Monster is on a distinguished road

Send a message via Yahoo to Monster  
Default Re: Lets see those Beater /Junk guitars that you keep around. - 02-29-2008, 04:53 PM

i will have to take a picture later but i have a jay turser strat with rare transparent red.. that is a beater needs some work. but i whip it out once in awhile... will add pictures latter on this eve or tomorrow..

Old
  (#3)
Brian Krashpad is on a distinguished road

Default Re: Lets see those Beater /Junk guitars that you keep around. - 04-14-2008, 10:30 AM

This is my beaterest guitar. Bought for a Benjamin off a buddy who needed funds to finish a recording. He'd lent it to his son, who "Townshended" it onstage. Several places where bare wood is showing, but with a new nut and new control knobs (he'd put green glow-in-the-dark knobs on it!) it's not bad. He also turned a toploader into a string-through very crudely, with a hand drill (no string ferrules) and a piece of metal for a backplate to secure the string ball-ends.

Old
  (#4)
characterzero is on a distinguished road

Default Re: Lets see those Beater /Junk guitars that you keep around. - 04-14-2008, 04:20 PM

^ Now that's a guitar with some "character." Looks awesome

Old
  (#5)
Brian Krashpad is on a distinguished road

Default Re: Lets see those Beater /Junk guitars that you keep around. - 04-14-2008, 04:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by characterzero
^ Now that's a guitar with some "character." Looks awesome
Haha, thanks! That Seymour Duncan mini-humbucker (which is probably worth over half what I paid for the guitar itself) in the neck slot is one rude pickup. Only problem is that it almost totally overpowers the bridge pup. So I either need to open her up and gouge out the body so she sits further from the strings, or find a bridge pickup with more output.

Still a fun guitar to play and I can throw her around with abandon knowing she'll come back for more.