Forum Register FAQ Members Calendar New Posts

Massive Selection of Guitars Online Guitar Center Guitar at Music123 New Day, New Deal at American Musical Supply
Go Back   Gear-Monkey Guitar Community > Guitars > Electric Guitars
Reload this Page ESP / LTD Alexi-600 vs. Jackson RR24 - Guitar Showdown

ESP / LTD Alexi-600 vs. Jackson RR24 - Guitar Showdown
Old
  (#1)
Put up or shut up!
MrSandMan has disabled reputation

Default ESP / LTD Alexi-600 vs. Jackson RR24 - Guitar Showdown - 04-09-2009, 03:31 PM

From Hardon4guitars.com -

ESP / LTD Alexi-600 vs. Jackson RR24

The LTD is priced at $1050 and the RR24 is $1225. However the Jackson comes with a G&G hardshell case which would offset about $125 or so of the difference. The LTD does not come with a case. The guitars are very similar, they both use the Jackson Rhoads V shape with just a bit of difference in the LTD for licensing reasons. Both are Alder body, maple neck through, ebony fret board guitars w/ 24 frets and both wear original Floyd Rose trems. The main difference is that the Alexi uses a passive EMG HZ H-4 while the RR24 uses an active EMG 81. I was not sure how I would like the HZ but after playing it while it lacks the sheer power of the 81 it has a very nice organic tone and sounds great distorted and even has a very nice clean tone. I don't think the 81 would be as versatile which is a problem in a single pickup guitar. Also the Jackson is made in Japan, while the LTD is made in Korea which should be a plus for Jackson.

ESP LTD Alexi-600

Jackson RR24

Visit http://gear-vault.com/ for guitar reviews

Re: ESP / LTD Alexi-600 vs. Jackson RR24 - Guitar Showdown
Old
  (#2)
Monster is on a distinguished road

Send a message via Yahoo to Monster  
Default Re: ESP / LTD Alexi-600 vs. Jackson RR24 - Guitar Showdown - 04-27-2009, 07:27 AM

i would go with the jackson i love there fast necks and must say jackson builds great guitars....