Forum Register FAQ Members Calendar New Posts Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Massive Selection of Guitars Online Guitar Center Guitar at Music123 New Day, New Deal at American Musical Supply
Go Back   Gear-Monkey Guitar Community > Welcome > Classifieds
Reload this Page BEWARE OF THIS SELLER...
Classifieds Want to buy or sell your music gear? Post here

BEWARE OF THIS SELLER...
Old
  (#1)
n00b!
thegaindeli is on a distinguished road

Default BEWARE OF THIS SELLER... - 11-11-2009, 02:09 PM

I purchased what was advertised as a Mark IIC+ on SleazeBay last month. He stated that it was a Mark IIC, with a Mark IIC+ PCB installed into it. After trying to sell it, I had people asking me to check the transformer numbers, and the letter coding... I pulled the chassis out, to find that the amps letter code "DRG" was changed to "HRG"! I then began a numbers search on the OT coding... What I found out was that Mr. Beard (calls himself "Silverwulf" on The Boogie Board. He is "new-world-man 2112" on SleazeBay) had the amp converted from a Simul-Class Mark IIC, to a 60/100 watt - with a MESA MARK III OUTPUT TRANSFORMER! Also - I spoke with Mike B. at MESA, and he said that there's NO WAY that the amp had a Mark IIC+ PCB installed! All reverb equipped Mark IIC amps had a "C+ modded" Mark IIC PCB. Nice... After asking him why he wasn't truthful about the amps history - he said; "You didn't ask"! I requested a refund on the amp, and he refused. I even have his email where he admits that he knew about the OT swap!

Here is his SleazeBay reply after I requested a refund... He admits to knowing about the OT swap also:

Hey man! It's easiest to just email me directly. I have no clue what OT it has, I just know it has the 105 PT. Even if it has a 562100, it's the exact same spec as the IIC 100W transformer. In fact, Hetfield has had a 562100 in his IIC+ "Crunch Berries" since the latter part of the "Justice" tour because he blew out the original (Kirk has one in one of his IIC+ also). The amp was an upgrade done by Mike B who replaced the board. It started life as a IIC, Simul and was converted to a IIC+, 100W. The conversion to 100W required Mike to swap the OT, which I assumed was the IIC+ tranny. The chassis markings would be changed accordingly. Even if it does have a 562100, it's the same thing, different part #. No one worked on that amp other than Mesa, and Mike B in particular. It's a IIC+ through and through.
- new-world-man-2112

This guy is as bad as any gear thief! All you need to do, is to take one look at the listing, and then read his email... No mention of any OT swap at all! No mention of it originally being a Simul-Class either. Plus, he lied about the "C+ PCB upgrade"! I paid $2,300.00 for this amp - and Mr. Beard thinks I'm the asshole? I would NEVER had paid $2,300.00 for this amp - no way! I would have purchased a Mark IIC Simul-Class for around $1,600.00 and then had Mike B. do a C+ upgrade.

Re: BEWARE OF THIS SELLER...
Old
  (#2)
Put up or shut up!
MrSandMan has disabled reputation

Default Re: BEWARE OF THIS SELLER... - 11-11-2009, 02:55 PM

Did you file a "not as described" claim? Did you pay with PayPal? I'm sure you'll win the dispute.

Visit http://gear-vault.com/ for guitar reviews

Old
  (#3)
n00b!
NewWorldMan is on a distinguished road

Default Re: BEWARE OF THIS SELLER... - 11-14-2009, 01:57 AM

Here's the real scoop...

Sorry you guys have a troll infesting your board now. Now that he's been banned from other boards for repeated violations and using profane, vulgar language and threats towards others, I guess he found his way here to spread his disease.

I'm Silverwulf, aka NewWorldMan that sold the amp. This is just the buyer spinning his version of what happened. He didn't get screwed over. Everything I stated was 100% correct. Over at The Boogie Board, this guy has already had a thread deleted 4 times, his post count erased twice, and is currently banned I think? He's also had E-Bay auctions forced down for using slander and hateful language, and he's already had posts edited over at Rig-Talk also.

Everything I stated was 100% correct as verified by Mesa and techs, and though you can't see it now (because his threads have been deleted), but you'd also see that he's admitted to lying at least twice in this matter thus far. For anyone that wants to sell to this guy, please beware. We've discovered that this is the 5TH CASE OF BUYERS REMORSE IN THE LAST COUPLE MONTHS he's apparently had, demanding money back after he purchased something. The others included a Gibson LP Custom, a Cornford 4X12, a Jackson Soloist, etc. He apparently thinks forums and E-Bay are like Guitar Center where you can purchase something, try it out for a month (like he did the IIC+, he also swapped parts on it), then send it back if you don't like it.

He constantly changes his story. First he claimed it wasn't a real IIC+. That was debunked. Then he said the transformer was the problem, and that was debunked. Listen to the voicemail here from Marcus at Mesa who clearly states:

"The 562100 was used on...Mark IIC+'s, Mark III's..." and concludes by saying "...that's the proper transformer for the amp."

http://soundclick.com/share?songid=8335156

After that was shot down, he then claimed the board wasn't a replacement like I said...and that was also debunked over at The Boogie Board in detail complete with pics and tons of technical info. Then he claimed I charged him $75 for shipping but promised him free shipping with the "Buy it Now" and he wanted that refunded. That took all of 5 seconds to once again prove his lies because you can view the auction he posted above and clearly see I did not charge $75 and offer free shipping with the BIN. I charged him a $90 flat rate for shipping, never said free shipping with BIN, then ended up dropping $120 to have it professionally packed and shipped.

Now that every claim he made has been shot down and he has nothing left to argue about or any ground to stand upon, he's just resorted to vulgar language, threats, and spamming forums - such as registering here for the sole purpose of being a troll and spamming you guys. If anyone wants more details, feel free to let me know.

Old
  (#4)
Put up or shut up!

Default Re: BEWARE OF THIS SELLER... - 11-14-2009, 12:36 PM

I'm glad that you signed up to rebut on his claims. Looks like you proved your case. The ebay auction clearly says "$90 shipping" so if he thought it should be free, that's a "his bad" for not reading the description better. I've experienced similar shit on ebay. One was a guy who clicked "BIN" and then tried to negotiate with me on shipping prices. He got all pissy after I refused.

Why buy something if you don't agree to the terms? That's something I'll never understand.

Old
  (#5)
n00b!

Default Re: BEWARE OF THIS SELLER... - 12-03-2009, 09:33 AM

Here's the link to the UT video I made. This guy is real piece of work...
YouTube - Broadcast Yourself.

Here's the video description:
This was originally a Mesa/Boogie Mark IIC Simul-Class that was converted to a 60/100 Mark IIC+. The seller stated in the ebay listing that it was a Mark IIC, with a IIC+ PCB installed into it. He said nothing about the output transformer being swapped-out, no mention of the conversion from a Simul-Class to 60/100, and he also lied about the "IIC+ PCB" installation. I spoke with Mike B. at MESA, and he informed me that it did not receive a IIC+ PVC. It was "modded" to C+ specs!
He even admitted that he was aware of the conversion. His "Mark IIC+ upgrade" description is also false.
I had put this up for sale, prior to knowing about the 60/100 conversion. It was by the recommendation of a perspective buyer who pointed out the discrepancies. I immediately dropped the listing, and contacted the SleazeBay seller.
BEWARE OF SleazeBay SELLER: new-world-man-2112
His forum names are: Silverwulf, and NewWorldMan.

I can also supply a copy of the original SleazeBay ad, and his emails admitting to prior knowledge of the modifications. Making accusations that are untrue, and posting it for public consumption is slander/defamation. The above information is 100% accurate. See my SleazeBay feedback as user ID: jcoopercam I'm posting this to warn anyone coming across any sales by Silverwulf / New_World_Man_2112 / NewWorldMan.

Old
  (#6)
n00b!

Default Re: BEWARE OF THIS SELLER... - 12-03-2009, 09:40 AM

Please check-out the video description.
1. He lied about the PCB being an actual Mark IIC+ PCB. I spoke with Mike B. at MESA. Mike B. stated; "That amp did not receive a Mark IIC+ PCB - it was modified to IIC+ specs. The seller lied to you!"
2. He removed the Simul-Class OT to put into another amp (or it blew-up?), and never mentioned anything about it in the SleazeBay ad... NOTHING! Titles say it all... This guy is a Class A jerk-off!
3. He stated that I lied? I would love to have him post that which he thinks I lied about.
4. "The proper transformer for that amp" You gotta love this guy! Yes - that's that transformer that MESA will install if you ever convert it from Simi - to 60/100. A real piece of work...
I don't know what he does for a living? I suspect by his attitude he's quite young, and living with his parents... One thing is certain - he has a bright future in politics!

Old
  (#7)
n00b!

Default Re: BEWARE OF THIS SELLER... - 12-03-2009, 09:58 AM

This is a response to your ebay/paypal question. I thought I used the quote option? Yes, it's being reviewed by paypal-ebay.

Old
  (#8)
Put up or shut up!

Default Re: BEWARE OF THIS SELLER... - 12-03-2009, 01:55 PM

This amp is a hybrid Frankenstein and is not 100% factory. It has the 562100 which was used on the Mark IIC+ and MK III but the circuit board is Simul-Class. It appears there isn't a meeting of the minds in this case. I'm not sure if the seller wasn't aware of the DRG scratch to HRG, but I'd be pissed too if I bought something and it wasn't what I thought it was.

In my opinion it should be the sellers responsibility to disclose all the good, bad, and ugly information in the listing. In retro-respect, the buyer should research and make sure to ask the right questions and document everything.

I'm not convinced Silverwulf is a scammer and I am not convinced thegaindeli is suffering from buyers remorse. It appears to be a classic case of miscommunication between the buyer and seller. Question now is who eats the loss? That's hard to say. If I was the seller I would just give a refund and cut ties because the buyer isn't going away. He's going to take this to small claims court and I think he has a good case to win. (depending on the SleazeBay listing and what it says).

This amp isn't a true IIC+ and I agree the price it sold for is too high. Nobody posted screenshots of the SleazeBay listing so who knows what it said...

Old
  (#9)
n00b!

Default Re: BEWARE OF THIS SELLER... - 12-03-2009, 06:44 PM

That's my point! He was fully aware of the of the conversion to HRG, and said nothing about it. He also lied about the "Mark IIC+ PCB". I have his emails confirming all of this. He knew he would have never gotten $2,400.00 for the amp with an honest disclosure. That's also why he wouldn't honor the refund request. He's thinking... "SUCKER!"