Forum Register FAQ Members Calendar New Posts Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Massive Selection of Guitars Online Guitar Center Guitar at Music123 New Day, New Deal at American Musical Supply
Go Back   Gear-Monkey Guitar Community > Welcome > The Pit
Reload this Page Weekend thread 2/21-22
The Pit General discussion - 18 and over recommended

Weekend thread 2/21-22
Old
  (#1)
Brian Krashpad is on a distinguished road

Default Weekend thread 2/21-22 - 02-23-2009, 08:14 AM

Friday I loaded up my van with a backline for a birthday party at my friend's house on Saturday. His actual birthday was 2/14, but since that's Valentine's Day he re-scheduled the party to this weekend. All five original members of our college-days party band, the Band of Fools, attended. One guy lives in England most of the year and comes into town for a few months during the winter. A couple of the other guys drove up from downstate, one from Tampa and one from Orlando.

Obviously we didn't practice or anything, just threw together a few songs on the fly, with a guy sitting in on drums so our original drummer could play guitar. It was pretty cold out, and that didn't help with the guitars staying in tune either. At least the cops didn't show up.

My daughter played bass on a couple songs, which was the first time she had ever played with a band or in front of people. Here's a few hilarious/painful seconds of that, sorry about the weird keyboards, that's what happens when people drink too much! Pretty bad when the only one not making a fool of herself is the teenager.

http://www.youtube.com/v/nbCBgo9zuWo&hl=en&fs=1&rel=0

Sunday morning I had to get up early despite not getting home until 1:30 a.m., because my son was acolyting/crucifering at church. Stopped for lunch on the way home, then later in the late afternoon I drove back up to my friend's house and loaded all the stuff back up. Went from my friend's house to my office for band practice. Since I had a little 2x10 cab I bought for my daughter to practice at home with me (had used at the party for bass), I tried out the 2x10 cab at band practice in combo with a Hartke 4x10 and it sounded great. I think a 1x15 with the 2x10 might even be better for the contrast.

How was your weekend?

Re: Weekend thread 2/21-22
Old
  (#2)
crazy_guitar_man is on a distinguished road

Default Re: Weekend thread 2/21-22 - 02-23-2009, 12:58 PM

nice haha my weekend once again was pretty boring but i did get to eat tacos and some homemade baked mac and cheese haha but other than that it was mostly sitting around playing guitar alittle and doing homework and studying for test haha

http://gear-vault.com/classifieds <---------go there sell your gear or maybe find that one thing you have been looking for!!!!

Old
  (#3)
Brian Krashpad is on a distinguished road

Default Re: Weekend thread 2/21-22 - 02-23-2009, 01:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by crazy_guitar_man123
nice haha my weekend once again was pretty boring but i did get to eat tacos and some homemade baked mac and cheese haha but other than that it was mostly sitting around playing guitar alittle and doing homework and studying for test haha
You need to post a clip of you eating a taco or doing your homework or something.

Old
  (#4)
crazy_guitar_man is on a distinguished road

Default Re: Weekend thread 2/21-22 - 02-23-2009, 01:46 PM

haha maybe i will have to do that haha but yeah i might have to make a video of something cuz i just downloaded some software that can make movies to my computer and i just figured out how to use it so yeah

http://gear-vault.com/classifieds <---------go there sell your gear or maybe find that one thing you have been looking for!!!!