Forum Register FAQ Members Calendar New Posts Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Massive Selection of Guitars Online Guitar Center Guitar at Music123 New Day, New Deal at American Musical Supply
Go Back   Gear-Monkey Guitar Community > Welcome > The Pit
Reload this Page Banned from harmony central
The Pit General discussion - 18 and over recommended

Banned from harmony central
Old
  (#1)
n00b!
shredrick is on a distinguished road

Default Banned from harmony central - 06-05-2008, 11:41 PM

Harmony central banned me for amp trolling lol
I placed a thread about digital amps had come along way and soon to replace tubes and said thank the music gods for it
so they banned me lol tube snobs shows how mature they are there anyway

B-52 AT-112
Digitech hardwire delay
Spider Jam 112
Wampler Pinnacle
Peavey Triple xxx
Behringer V-verb

Re: Banned from harmony central
Old
  (#2)
ninja636 is on a distinguished road

Default Re: Banned from harmony central - 06-06-2008, 07:12 AM

That sux. I know about 3-4 other people that were banned from HC for about the same reason, or something similar. That is why I never joined.

Always scoop the mids!!
If it ain't METAL...it AIN'T music.

Old
  (#3)
Brian Krashpad is on a distinguished road

Default Re: Banned from harmony central - 06-06-2008, 07:55 AM

There's a backstory to this though.

All of HC is not the same. Different forums can be very different within HC. In fact, som of the forums stereotypically dislike each other or are at best amused by each other.

The OP appears to have stumbled into the crossfire of a longstanding feud between Electric Guitars and Amps over there. A few months ago several people from EG went over to Amps and did some relatively benign troll threads similar to the one in the OP here. They were promptly banninated-- for all of 3 days. The Amps guys are a smidge too serious about getting teh brootal gainz.

I've posted regularly at HC for years and have never been banned although a couple times I probably should've been.

Old
  (#4)
indytruckboy is on a distinguished road

Default Re: Banned from harmony central - 06-21-2008, 08:44 AM

I avoid HC forums like the plague. Never been a member, never will be. :lamez:

Old
  (#5)

Default Re: Banned from harmony central - 06-21-2008, 10:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by indytruckboy
I avoid HC forums like the plague. Never been a member, never will be. :lamez:
Well, never say never is my motto. There's actually a lot of good people there and a lot of good info as well. The large membership means faster communication and more complete answers to questions.

If you want to stay on topic and avoid 95% of the drama, join but only go to Electric Guitars. Whatever you do, avoid Open Jam and the Political forum. Cool Jam is very safe and drama-free, Guitar Jam less so.

Old
  (#6)
Put up or shut up!
MrSandMan has disabled reputation

Default Re: Banned from harmony central - 06-21-2008, 04:19 PM

I visit classifieds and amp forum. Occasionally I'll check out the electric guitar forum, seems to be good people there too. Brian is right though, lots of drama and hostility (lack of a better word) between different boards and even other members. There are good people over there, some know their shit and give great insight... while some give ill advice or spurt nonsense just to babble or to throw a good thread off course.

H-C gets very good traffic and can be a good place if you can find a circle of real musicians or gearheads who sincerely want to talk musical equipment and music related stuff.

IMO, Harmony-Central was a lot better about a year ago when they didn't have moderators (or if they did, they didn't intervene much). Now it seems like they like to flex their muscles and show their power (by giving unwarranted bans to those who don't derserve), while showing favoritism to certain people who should get the ban.

About 6 months ago, I read someplace that H-C is owned by musiciansfriend.com. Therefore, H-C can build their site (and traffic) with bottomless pockets, while smaller gearhead forums,(like Gear-Monkey) have to do it the old fashioned way. The fun part about smaller forums, is the community being built is more of a special and personal bond (hell, I pretty much know everything about Briand and still learning more daily) . At the end of the day, I like to think of us as a tight niche democracy family.

Visit http://gear-vault.com/ for guitar reviews

Old
  (#7)
ninja636 is on a distinguished road

Default Re: Banned from harmony central - 06-21-2008, 05:20 PM

Always scoop the mids!!
If it ain't METAL...it AIN'T music.

Old
  (#8)

Default Re: Banned from harmony central - 06-21-2008, 09:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrSandMan
About 6 months ago, I read someplace that H-C is owned by musiciansfriend.com. Therefore, H-C can build their site (and traffic) with bottomless pockets, while smaller gearhead forums,(like Gear-Monkey) have to do it the old fashioned way. The fun part about smaller forums, is the community being built is more of a special and personal bond (hell, I pretty much know everything about Brian and still learning more daily)
Haha, there's a scary thought! I'd like to see some more stories and histories in that musical history thread!