Forum Register FAQ Members Calendar New Posts Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Massive Selection of Guitars Online Guitar Center Guitar at Music123 New Day, New Deal at American Musical Supply
Go Back   Gear-Monkey Guitar Community > Gear > Amps
Reload this Page The Official; Post pictures of your amp thread.
Amps Amp and rig talk

Re: The Official; Post pictures of your amp thread.
Old
  (#31)
floydmoline is on a distinguished road

Send a message via AIM to floydmoline Send a message via MSN to floydmoline Send a message via Yahoo to floydmoline  
Default Re: The Official; Post pictures of your amp thread. - 03-28-2008, 08:32 PM

i've not really done a lot of research on hamer's until today lol, yeah they have all been imports i have had offered to me, all under 150 lol..... but now that i know what hamer actually offered next time i'm in the market for a guitar i might be looking for one, the double cut P-90's are wicked looking, and since they are mahogany i'd not have much issue with them now lol

stuff it....... then bake it.......

Old
  (#32)
Brian Krashpad is on a distinguished road

Default Re: The Official; Post pictures of your amp thread. - 04-03-2008, 07:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by floydmoline
i've not really done a lot of research on hamer's until today lol, yeah they have all been imports i have had offered to me, all under 150 lol..... but now that i know what hamer actually offered next time i'm in the market for a guitar i might be looking for one, the double cut P-90's are wicked looking, and since they are mahogany i'd not have much issue with them now lol
Btw, I checked and the import Hamers with P-90's are also mahogany, in addition to the Hamer USA's with P-90's. Obviously the imports cost considerably less. I haven't played the imprts but they have a solid reputation from everything I've seen.

Old
  (#33)

Send a message via AIM to floydmoline Send a message via MSN to floydmoline Send a message via Yahoo to floydmoline  
Default Re: The Official; Post pictures of your amp thread. - 04-03-2008, 10:54 AM

yeah i have a hankering for one now lol but it's #3 on my to buy list, firstly is a fender telecaster, i just played a nice tele yesterday at musiclab, i love those things, great tone, can do the LP sounds i dig and can get twangy too which i also like, #2 is a jazz bass, my P-bass copy is not my bag, it sounds good as far as a bass goes, but i like the sounds you can get from a j-bass, played both of them through a marshall JCM2000 DSL 50, i have seen alot of people bagging on the JCM2000 in other forums etc, i think they are on drugs, the DSL i played is hands down best amp i have ever played, beats even JCM800 IMO

Old
  (#34)

Default Re: The Official; Post pictures of your amp thread. - 04-03-2008, 11:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by floydmoline
... i have seen alot of people bagging on the JCM2000 in other forums etc, i think they are on drugs, the DSL i played is hands down best amp i have ever played, beats even JCM800 IMO
I've never played a JCM 800. The original other guitarist in Crash Pad (my punk rock and roll band) for 5 years or so had a 2000. I really didn't like how it sounded, but that was because he used all sorts of pedals for his distortion, and I didn't like how he set them. No offense to anyone else who does the same but I don't see the point of having a nice Marshall and not going with the tube distortion it gets naturally! He left the amp over at Casa Krashpad one time, and I played it briefly-- had a great tone dialed in within 10 or 15 minutes, no pedals necessary!

Old
  (#35)

Default Re: The Official; Post pictures of your amp thread. - 04-03-2008, 04:10 PM

exsactly :-D i loved it, the distortion may have left a bit to be desired but it most deffinatly has the best clean channel i have ever heard on a marshall

Old
  (#36)
Juggernaut is on a distinguished road

Default Re: The Official; Post pictures of your amp thread. - 09-08-2008, 03:58 AM

Gutierrez Juggernaut Copperhead
Titan 200
Randall RM50
Randall, VHT, Sonic cabs
HBE pedals

Old
  (#37)

Default Re: The Official; Post pictures of your amp thread. - 09-08-2008, 07:49 AM

Hey Juggernaut, thanks for reviving this thread.

What is the bass cab? Are those 2 12's or 2 15's?

Old
  (#38)
Put up or shut up!
MrSandMan has disabled reputation

Default Re: The Official; Post pictures of your amp thread. - 09-08-2008, 08:12 AM

I've always been a fan of your Randall Equipment bro. I see you made lots of fantastic upgrades. Have you been doing some recording?

Visit http://gear-vault.com/ for guitar reviews

Old
  (#39)

Default Re: The Official; Post pictures of your amp thread. - 09-12-2008, 03:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian Krashpad
Hey Juggernaut, thanks for reviving this thread.

What is the bass cab? Are those 2 12's or 2 15's?

2x12, I'm hoping to add another one to it sometime this year.

Titan 200
Randall RM50
Randall, VHT, Sonic cabs
HBE pedals

Old
  (#40)

Default Re: The Official; Post pictures of your amp thread. - 09-12-2008, 03:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrSandMan
I've always been a fan of your Randall Equipment bro. I see you made lots of fantastic upgrades. Have you been doing some recording?
Thanks I actually still miss the VHT, but the AxeFX is a MONSTER, and I can get pretty close to the VHT tone I had with it so, no worries. The Randall gear, I just got tired of, was time to move on, I'll probably pick up anothe RG sometime in the future, but dont really see a need for it right now.

I'm not recording at the moment, still in the process of building my computer for it. I did pick up some NICE Tannoy monitors a couple months ago, so I'm slowly getting there, then I'll start churning out some tunes, or at least some clips.

Titan 200
Randall RM50
Randall, VHT, Sonic cabs
HBE pedals