Forum Register FAQ Members Calendar New Posts Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Massive Selection of Guitars Online Guitar Center Guitar at Music123 New Day, New Deal at American Musical Supply
Go Back   Gear-Monkey Guitar Community > Musicians & Artists > Meet Local Musicians
Reload this Page looking for a place to record FREE? San Antonio, Texas
Meet Local Musicians Looking for a band member or a band to join? Inquire within

looking for a place to record FREE? San Antonio, Texas
Old
  (#1)
cubis is on a distinguished road

Default looking for a place to record FREE? San Antonio, Texas - 02-04-2009, 05:09 PM

ok, for one of my classes, Audio Technology II, our assignment for the semester is to record 4 projects in the basement recording studio on campus.

we have Protools 7 (getting 8 soon), with the Waves Native Plugins [Gold Package], as well as autotune and amplitube le. we'll be getting many more plugins soon. we have a decent selection of microphones to suit pretty much every need. there is a studio piano. you would need to bring your guitars/basses/drums/etc but we have plenty of inputs, enough to record the whole band at once (which is probably not advisable for a better recording)

if you have a band or an idea for a recording project - a song or a jingle or whatever, please let me know here

This is absolutely free, but you have to realize I'm still learning. I get a grade out of this, you get a recording. good deal i say

Re: looking for a place to record FREE? San Antonio, Texas
Old
  (#2)
crazy_guitar_man is on a distinguished road

Default Re: looking for a place to record FREE? San Antonio, Texas - 02-04-2009, 09:36 PM

haha wow this is a good deal i wish i lived in texas

http://gear-vault.com/classifieds <---------go there sell your gear or maybe find that one thing you have been looking for!!!!

Old
  (#3)

Default Re: looking for a place to record FREE? San Antonio, Texas - 02-05-2009, 04:27 AM

yeah so far i have one "maybe, but i'm really serious about it", one "maybe, but i don't know how i'll get there" and one I haven't asked officially yet.

Old
  (#4)

Default Re: looking for a place to record FREE? San Antonio, Texas - 02-05-2009, 07:28 AM

haha if i had a lot of money i might have been getting on the airplane haha but since i dont i guess i won't be able to ....well i hope you find some people.

http://gear-vault.com/classifieds <---------go there sell your gear or maybe find that one thing you have been looking for!!!!

Old
  (#5)

Default Re: looking for a place to record FREE? San Antonio, Texas - 02-05-2009, 03:39 PM

if you had the money for a plane you could probably just use that money for a studio session nearer to home lol

Old
  (#6)

Default Re: looking for a place to record FREE? San Antonio, Texas - 02-05-2009, 05:43 PM

well yeah thats true haha well i guess what i should say is if i had a lot of money i would help you out for a grade haha

Old
  (#7)

Default Re: looking for a place to record FREE? San Antonio, Texas - 02-05-2009, 11:33 PM

lol, why thanks for the gesture!

Old
  (#8)

Default Re: looking for a place to record FREE? San Antonio, Texas - 02-06-2009, 12:25 AM

well i try to be a nice guy haha it's all in a days work

Old
  (#9)

Default Re: looking for a place to record FREE? San Antonio, Texas - 02-06-2009, 01:21 AM

yay i get to go down to the studio again tomorrow... hopefully after today he's going to let us sign up for studio time - all night sessions after 9pm!

Old
  (#10)

Default Re: looking for a place to record FREE? San Antonio, Texas - 02-06-2009, 01:36 AM

haha sweet what is your major..im sry if you already said it i forget haha