Forum Register FAQ Members Calendar New Posts Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Massive Selection of Guitars Online Guitar Center Guitar at Music123 New Day, New Deal at American Musical Supply
Go Back   Gear-Monkey Guitar Community > Musicians & Artists > Meet Local Musicians
Reload this Page looking for a place to record FREE? San Antonio, Texas
Meet Local Musicians Looking for a band member or a band to join? Inquire within

Re: looking for a place to record FREE? San Antonio, Texas
Old
  (#11)
cubis is on a distinguished road

Default Re: looking for a place to record FREE? San Antonio, Texas - 02-06-2009, 01:42 AM

oh, well my major is Computer Science, but right now i have to wait until i complete a few classes so i can take the more advanced stuff, which was about 8 hours a semester for a year and a half, and since i need 12 hours each semester to get financial aid, i decided to go for a Certificate in Music Technology, which is like a minor when it comes to amount of hours. its actually much much more fun than my major.

Old
  (#12)
crazy_guitar_man is on a distinguished road

Default Re: looking for a place to record FREE? San Antonio, Texas - 02-06-2009, 01:49 AM

nice i wanted to do something in music then my physics teacher come along one day and showed me the program i am in and she sold it to me like a new car dealer...haha good thing it was something that interested me

http://gear-vault.com/classifieds <---------go there sell your gear or maybe find that one thing you have been looking for!!!!

Old
  (#13)

Default Re: looking for a place to record FREE? San Antonio, Texas - 02-06-2009, 02:00 AM

i had a really good physics teacher in high school... i considered a physics degree but i figured i wouldn't invent anything special and would have to end up being a teacher - which isn't a bad thing, just not MY thing

Old
  (#14)

Default Re: looking for a place to record FREE? San Antonio, Texas - 02-06-2009, 02:05 AM

yeah i have pondered the idea of teaching i just dont want to go to school that long haha but yeah hopefully i will get into a epic band and make mega dollars...now back to reality maybe ill just try to get a internship haha

http://gear-vault.com/classifieds <---------go there sell your gear or maybe find that one thing you have been looking for!!!!

Old
  (#15)

Default Re: looking for a place to record FREE? San Antonio, Texas - 02-06-2009, 02:25 AM

i was thinking of working for a music software company... its like the natural next step lol

in some ways i would like to be a teacher too... oh my friend was going for civil engineering for like 3 years and decided to change to a math major for teaching

Old
  (#16)

Default Re: looking for a place to record FREE? San Antonio, Texas - 02-06-2009, 10:50 AM

yeah i have thought about doing a math major to be a teacher cuz i am pretty good at math so i am thinking about it still haha

Old
  (#17)

Default Re: looking for a place to record FREE? San Antonio, Texas - 02-06-2009, 11:12 AM

you have some time to think - what year are you? its ok if you hold off for a little because engineering is a lot of math

Old
  (#18)

Default Re: looking for a place to record FREE? San Antonio, Texas - 02-06-2009, 12:14 PM

yeah im in my second semester haha still a freshman but yeah i think i might just finish this then go on for more schooling after awile...there are a few adult students in my classes that have done that and they said it seemed to be a good way to go...i am also thinking of still getting in to a music buissness as a engineer becasuse what i am in i am learning autocad and other software that those companies need

Old
  (#19)

Default Re: looking for a place to record FREE? San Antonio, Texas - 02-07-2009, 07:02 PM

the only thing is that if you get out of school you have to start paying back your financial aid 6 months later

Old
  (#20)

Default Re: looking for a place to record FREE? San Antonio, Texas - 02-08-2009, 02:01 AM

yeah i know that is the only bad thing...i just hope i will be able to get a job once im done becuz of this economy