Forum Register FAQ Members Calendar New Posts Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Massive Selection of Guitars Online Guitar Center Guitar at Music123 New Day, New Deal at American Musical Supply
Go Back   Gear-Monkey Guitar Community > Welcome > The Pit
Reload this Page On a serious note... prayers needed
The Pit General discussion - 18 and over recommended

On a serious note... prayers needed
Old
  (#1)
mmcquain is on a distinguished road

Default On a serious note... prayers needed - 12-30-2012, 01:47 AM

On a very serious note for a minute...
I'd really appreciate any and all prayers that you feel like offering up for my cousin who was just diagnosed with pancreatic, liver, duodenum and perhaps stomach cancer. Her name is Nianne and she is only 5 years older than me. My dad died of pancreatic cancer that had spread to his liver back in 1999 so this is hitting very close to home and is very hard to take. To complicate things even more, she has 4 adopted children and is a single mom. My aunt (her mom) sums it up well when she said "We and she pray, believing in the possibility of a miracle healing, even while making the many decisions necessary when facing this with four adopted children in the mix." So if you're the praying type then we could really use some prayers right now.

And mods/admins - this thread isn't meant to be overly religious or against any forum rules... it is simply a request from a forum member who would appreciate some help right now. Thanks!

MMCQUAIN * Rock, Blues, Christian player * mmcquain@mcquain.com
Gibson Les Paul Studio 60's Tribute, Breedlove Acoustic/Electric
Egnater, Dean Markley, D'Addario, various effect pedals
http://www.youtube.com/mmcquain * http://www.facebook.com/mmcquain

Old
  (#2)
Brian Krashpad is on a distinguished road

Exclamation 01-06-2013, 09:32 PM

Dang Mike I'm sorry to hear that. Prayers said. She's on my list!

Old
  (#3)

Default 01-25-2013, 07:11 PM

Prayer Update - Thanks to everyone who has been praying for my cousin in WV battling cancer. I flew up here yesterday to see her and the family... brrrr very cold (about zero last night and 21 for a high today... compared with 71 today back home in FL... yikes!)

But on a serious note, please continue to pray for her and our family. Things don't look good at all (the Dr. says she won't be coming home from the hospital this time) but we know that God can do anything so we leave it in His hands and trust that He has everyone's best interests at heart in the long run. Thank you for your continued prayers.

Old
  (#4)
Brian Krashpad is on a distinguished road

Thumbs up 01-25-2013, 07:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mmcquain View Post
Prayer Update - Thanks to everyone who has been praying for my cousin in WV battling cancer. I flew up here yesterday to see her and the family... brrrr very cold (about zero last night and 21 for a high today... compared with 71 today back home in FL... yikes!)

But on a serious note, please continue to pray for her and our family. Things don't look good at all (the Dr. says she won't be coming home from the hospital this time) but we know that God can do anything so we leave it in His hands and trust that He has everyone's best interests at heart in the long run. Thank you for your continued prayers.
You got it. Take care Mike.

Old
  (#5)

Default 01-27-2013, 12:50 AM

Thanks Brian!

Saturday Update... It's always something!

The Good News - I'm so glad I came up here this weekend as it seems I've been able to help my aunt, uncle and other cousin (Nianne's brother) as they work to tie up many of the loose ends while Nianne continues to go downhill (it's a matter of days at this point). And God continues to meet their needs as they now have guardianship for Nianne's 4 adopted kids in place... the kids will get to stay together and with family (they were worried they could be put back into the foster system!). It also looks like they will be able to find good homes for Nianne's 2 great danes, 2 macaws, and pet boa. I took the 2 small horses ('er dogs) to somebody today for my uncle... that was an adventure since each dog is about 180 lbs! Harley put his front paws on my shoulders and looked me in the eye (and I'm 6' 3" tall).

The Bad News - In addition to the obvious, just a few hours ago I got word that my one sister and mom were in a car accident this afternoon on the way to a wedding. They hit a patch of ice crossing a mountain and went about 30 feet over the side. Thankfully a rather large tree stopped them from going farther! God was with them as both remained conscious and appear to be somewhat OK given what happened. However, they are keeping mom in the hospital overnight as a precaution. Right after it happened a car and a truck came along and, while the car driver went for help (cell coverage ***** in the W.Va. mountains), the guys in the truck were lumber men and they hooked their wench up to the back of mom's car to secure it until the rescue workers got there about 20 minutes later. They ended up using the jaws-of-life to cut the door and steering wheel to get my sister out. Amazingly nothing was broken in her or mom.

Scary stuff since initially the message I got was that they'd hit a snow bank and were just being checked out in the ER... no mention of mountainsides, jaws-of-life, etc... yikes!

Long story short, I'm extending my trip up here and driving up to see mom tomorrow. Thankfully the weather forcast is better tomorrow and it is all Interstate (vs. 2-lane mountain roads).

So thanks for the continued prayers... it seems my family is in need of several of them right about now! They say this stuff happens in 3's
If so then we should be good for a while since I forgot to mention that the night before I flew up to see my cousin, I had a fender bender and have to get a new front grill and hood on my car when I get back to FL. But that is the least of my worries right now.

Old
  (#6)

Default 01-27-2013, 12:51 AM

Thanks Brian!

Saturday Update... It's always something!

The Good News - I'm so glad I came up here this weekend as it seems I've been able to help my aunt, uncle and other cousin (Nianne's brother) as they work to tie up many of the loose ends while Nianne continues to go downhill (it's a matter of days at this point). And God continues to meet their needs as they now have guardianship for Nianne's 4 adopted kids in place... the kids will get to stay together and with family (they were worried they could be put back into the foster system!). It also looks like they will be able to find good homes for Nianne's 2 great danes, 2 macaws, and pet boa. I took the 2 small horses ('er dogs) to somebody today for my uncle... that was an adventure since each dog is about 180 lbs! Harley put his front paws on my shoulders and looked me in the eye (and I'm 6' 3" tall).

The Bad News - In addition to the obvious, just a few hours ago I got word that my one sister and mom were in a car accident this afternoon on the way to a wedding. They hit a patch of ice crossing a mountain and went about 30 feet over the side. Thankfully a rather large tree stopped them from going farther! God was with them as both remained conscious and appear to be somewhat OK given what happened. However, they are keeping mom in the hospital overnight as a precaution. Right after it happened a car and a truck came along and, while the car driver went for help (cell coverage ***** in the W.Va. mountains), the guys in the truck were lumber men and they hooked their wench up to the back of mom's car to secure it until the rescue workers got there about 20 minutes later. They ended up using the jaws-of-life to cut the door and steering wheel to get my sister out. Amazingly nothing was broken in her or mom.

Scary stuff since initially the message I got was that they'd hit a snow bank and were just being checked out in the ER... no mention of mountainsides, jaws-of-life, etc... yikes!

Long story short, I'm extending my trip up here and driving up to see mom tomorrow. Thankfully the weather forcast is better tomorrow and it is all Interstate (vs. 2-lane mountain roads).

So thanks for the continued prayers... it seems my family is in need of several of them right about now! They say this stuff happens in 3's
If so then we should be good for a while since I forgot to mention that the night before I flew up to see my cousin, I had a fender bender and have to get a new front grill and hood on my car when I get back to FL. But that is the least of my worries right now.

Old
  (#7)

Default 01-31-2013, 12:26 AM

Well I made it up to my mom's and I'm happy to report that they are doing well considering what
they went through last Saturday. Mom came home from the hospital the next day and, while being
very bruised and sore, is doing pretty well. My sister is also very blessed... she pulled a hunk of
wood about the size of a hot dog out of her hair in the ER. It was from the tree that they slammed
into (see the pics to see what it did to the driver's side). It is amazing her head wasn't crushed on
impact. All she got was a bad headache, a cut on her ear, and some bruising. I'll let the pictures
tell the story... but God was certainly watching out for them that day!

And in other good news...
My cousin is still with us and has actually shown some signs of getting a little stronger...
so we continue to pray and watch how this all plays out.

Old
  (#8)

Default 02-23-2013, 01:06 AM

Cousin update...
My cousin's cancer finally took it toll and she passed away Thursday morning. Her memorial service is tomorrow but I can't make the trip since I was just up there last month and basically have no money or time right now... but I'm glad I went when I did and was able to see her one last time. And I rest in knowing I'll see her again one day at the great gig in the sky. Thanks everyone for your prayers and concern during these past couple of months... I know they meant a lot to me and her family.

Old
  (#9)
n00b!
GERMAN is on a distinguished road

Default 05-18-2019, 05:24 AM

Thanks to everybody who has been petitioning God for my cousin in WV doing combating malignant growth. I flew up here yesterday to see her and the family.

Old
  (#10)
Put up or shut up!
MrSandMan has disabled reputation

Default 01-22-2020, 04:16 AM

Did you lose your account info? I can reset that for you if need be.

Visit http://gear-vault.com/ for guitar reviews