Forum Register FAQ Members Calendar New Posts Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Massive Selection of Guitars Online Guitar Center Guitar at Music123 New Day, New Deal at American Musical Supply
Go Back   Gear-Monkey Guitar Community > Gear > Live Gear & Recording Equipment
Reload this Page what software do you use on the PC to record with..
Live Gear & Recording Equipment General discussion about anything related to live sound and recording equipment. Tips & advice

what software do you use on the PC to record with..
Old
  (#1)
Guitar Blogger
Monster212 is on a distinguished road

Default what software do you use on the PC to record with.. - 03-01-2011, 04:03 PM

ok thought i would start a thread to see what software everyone uses on there PC to record with....

i have a M-Audio Fast Track USB and Pro Tools plus i use Amplitube and Revolver from Peavy

Old
  (#2)
n00b!
siddle is on a distinguished road

Default 05-08-2011, 12:22 PM

I use Vinyl Studio. I'm satisfied with that till now.

Absolute Steel— Steel building and carport kits with nationwide jobsite delivery. Easy DIY—America’s easiest to install building system. Watch the video & see for yourself.

Old
  (#3)
n00b!
crowhue is on a distinguished road

Default 11-24-2012, 06:17 AM

Im using a Line 6 POD Studio UX2 interface right now that comes bundled with Ableton Live V8. Its simple and fairly intuitive, which is a good thing as Im useless at complicated software. Only criticism is when I export to MP3 or AVI, it loses some of the original quality and volume. I think thats more to do with my soundcard though.

GTR Music for great electric and acoustic guitars. Good old fashioned service and plenty of stock too.

Old
  (#4)
n00b!
MarsVoxhder is on a distinguished road

Default 02-07-2014, 06:44 PM

I loaded mixcraft6 on mine. I still haven't figured it out though. I think I'll just stick with my Fostex 16 track.

Old
  (#5)
n00b!
colby65 is on a distinguished road

Default 07-17-2021, 04:16 PM

For screen capturing of PowerPoint + Audio, you can look at software like Open Broadcaster Software (OBS - Open Source), Camtasia (Paid, but user friendly and is a simple video editor software), Bandicam, and others online.

You can wire a camera into your computer and actively record into software like Camtasia, which would allow you to make it your all-in-one editing software, but it will require a little configuration knowledge

Last edited by colby65; 03-20-2024 at 10:44 AM..

Old
  (#6)
n00b!
Caitlin Mills is on a distinguished road

Default 08-26-2021, 02:58 AM

You can jam with your favourite instrument using the best free guitar recording software options here. It's never been easier to record your epic solos or a band performance. Furthermore, you can perform all of these tasks for free. check them out

Old
  (#7)
n00b!
Anatolie is on a distinguished road

Default 09-01-2021, 12:40 AM

REAPER it offers a full multitrack audidio and MIDI recording, editing and processing. you can re-skin it to look like protools and others - another - Free Audacity open source is pretty good! I master stuff on SoundForge all the time.