Forum Register FAQ Members Calendar New Posts

Massive Selection of Guitars Online Guitar Center Guitar at Music123 New Day, New Deal at American Musical Supply
Go Back   Gear-Monkey Guitar Community > Gear > Amps
Reload this Page Bugera Amps
Amps Amp and rig talk

Re: Bugera Amps
Old
  (#21)
Put up or shut up!
MrSandMan has disabled reputation

Default Re: Bugera Amps - 05-31-2008, 03:18 PM

I've saw ads from guys selling their 5150 after buying the Bugera 6260. I have read their quality isn't nearly as good as Peavey though.

Visit http://gear-vault.com/ for guitar reviews

Old
  (#22)
ninja636 is on a distinguished road

Default Re: Bugera Amps - 05-31-2008, 10:23 PM

I know a guy in Birmingham with a 333XL, it sounds pretty good, but the Bugera cab sux, he plugged the head into a Marshall 1960 cab, and the sound floored me. Maybe after they've been out a couple of years and the price jumps up over a grand per head/combo they'll get their due.

Always scoop the mids!!
If it ain't METAL...it AIN'T music.

Old
  (#23)
indytruckboy is on a distinguished road

Default Re: Bugera Amps - 06-21-2008, 08:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrSandMan
I've saw ads from guys selling their 5150 after buying the Bugera 6260. I have read their quality isn't nearly as good as Peavey though.
Sounds like I can pick up more 5150s! I am up to 3. You can keep your "Buger" amps. Send me your 5150s. I have cash!

Old
  (#24)
n00b!
sagebrother is on a distinguished road

Default Re: Bugera Amps - 07-19-2008, 02:32 PM

I've had Behringer gear for years. I'm using a LX1200H V-Ampire and a V-amp Pro, Eurorack MX2004A, and their Reference amp 500A. I've had no problems with this stuff.. In fact the LX1200 I got at Musicians Friend from their does not work pile at their clearance center. Not a thing wrong with it 90 bucks... the other guitarist in my band got a LX210 from the pile too.. didn't work.. went back got another bad one and put the two together. 60 bucks total. Behringer is just like any other company... You have to try it. all companies can make bad stuff.

Old
  (#25)
ninja636 is on a distinguished road

Default Re: Bugera Amps - 08-05-2008, 08:53 PM

OK, sorry to re-revive this thread, but I'm getting a 333xl in a couple of months. Some of you guys know I had some gear stolen from me and the insurance company ripped me a new one. I've made a couple of posts about amps I was interested in, but with the economy the way it is, I'll have to save up for at least a year or two to get a "high end' amp. I've played through the 333xl both at a friends house, and at the GC in Birminham and Atlanta, all through diffrent cabs, and beside different amps. The 333xl sounds similar(voiced like?) a Mesa Recto, and PVxXx, but doesn't sound EXACTLY like either one. So why is everyone saying "The Bugera is a CLONE of brand X"? Why isn't it just an amp thats VOICED like brand x, like the PVxXx is VOICED like a Mesa? Oh, and by the way , my friend in Birmingham gigs with his, and he say's it was the best money he's EVER spent on an amp, period. He still wants a JCM800 Kerry King sig model, but says he's gonna keep his Bugera.

Edit: BTW, I'll be getting a Lopo Line 4x12 cab, and am loading it with Eminence Swamp Thang's.

Always scoop the mids!!
If it ain't METAL...it AIN'T music.