Forum Register FAQ Members Calendar New Posts Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Massive Selection of Guitars Online Guitar Center Guitar at Music123 New Day, New Deal at American Musical Supply
Go Back   Gear-Monkey Guitar Community > Guitars > Effects
Reload this Page Line 6 pod hd 300 questions from a newbie
Effects Discuss effects and processors for electric guitar and bass

Line 6 pod hd 300 questions from a newbie
Old
  (#1)
n00b!
blindguitarist20 is on a distinguished road

Default Line 6 pod hd 300 questions from a newbie - 03-19-2012, 03:25 PM

Hi folks. New hd 300 owner here. I'm loving the pedal so far, just a few minor gripes. Being a totally blind user, I can't read the display so can't deep-edit. I was hoping the hd 300 edit software would be accessible, but the graphic interface prevents my screen reader from doing anything with it. I do havea few questions, and I'm hoping these don't sound stupid. I'm a newbie when it comes to gear. I'm 19 and have been playing for 10 years, but never invested or did research about gear because I never needed it. I always played on my own until now. This is my first big investment, and I'm well-pleased other than what said above. Now onto my questions...
1. When scrolling through presets, I find that some are much quieter than others. Even when the channel volume maxed out, I can barely hear anything through headphones unless I turn the master volume all the way up, and even then it's quite quiet.But if I scroll to the next preset over, in some instances the change is so drastic it's scary. One moment I can't hear my guitar, and the next preset over is so loud it makes my head ring. Am I missing something??
2. USB monitoring. Does this have to be turned on in the pedal itself? When I plug the pedal into my computer to use it as an audio interface I get no audio feedback whatsoever, even in the hd 300 edit software.
3. Lastly, when I scroll through my amp models with the amp knob, there's only 16 options. But the site says there are 22 amp models. What am I missing?
Hope someone can help... and again, appologies if these questions have seemingly simple answers. Thanks!

Old
  (#2)
n00b!
crowhue is on a distinguished road

Default 04-12-2012, 04:17 PM

Just one quick thought: Line 6 are a good, socially conscious company. It might be worth approaching them about the limitations of their software. They will probably do something about it.

GTR Music for great electric and acoustic guitars. Good old fashioned service and plenty of stock too.