Forum Register FAQ Members Calendar New Posts

Massive Selection of Guitars Online Guitar Center Guitar at Music123 New Day, New Deal at American Musical Supply
Go Back   Gear-Monkey Guitar Community > Gear > Amps
Reload this Page Can anyone help me about what amp i should get
Amps Amp and rig talk

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Can anyone help me about what amp i should get
Old
  (#1)
n00b!
Beckerboi is on a distinguished road

Default Can anyone help me about what amp i should get - 03-25-2008, 07:38 PM

Hi, i play a lot of different types of music, but of coarse I play mainly metal. I can play from the styles of necrophagist, to the most simplist of songs. Right now i am stuck with a marshall avt through a pod xt in which i bought from a friend for a couple bucks. Since i worked up enough cash i can finally get a new amp. (FINALLY) I desperatly need a tube amp that can be versatile tight and heavy, yet still be able to articulate the notes really clearly. I was thinking about getting either a mesa (Dual Triple or Roadster), bogner (Ubershall) or engl (Invader, powerball, se). I have been leaning towards the mesas but i really dont no. There are no engl dealers were i live so i cant try them out so i am srewed there. (I heard they are good amps though) Also i really dont know the different between a dual a triple rec either. (Like why so many people i have heard say that the dual is a lot better the the triple and vise versa) Then i here the roadster is just like road king but with less features. I tried a peavey jsx and a 5150, The jsx was very pleasing but i not enough for me and i really didnt like the 5150 sound. SO as you can see this is really killing my thoughts and is literally giving me headaches. Help me please.

Thats pretty metal man! BRE BRE!!