View Single Post
Re: How many guitars do you have?
Old
  (#26)
Brian Krashpad is on a distinguished road

Default Re: How many guitars do you have? - 04-03-2008, 11:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by floydmoline
lol, yeah a mountain dulcimer is not any more complex to play than any other plucked string instrument, but they are modal, not chromatic, which kinda messes with you lol only having certain accidentals, i never could figure out why they didn't just make them chromatic, but i guess most of the "mountain" music which is based on scottish and irish traditional music is mostly modal, but i do have fun playing it i like the drone of it, it's like bag-pipes, but strings instead of wind..... most of my original music on it exploits that lol i just let the low D drone and play melody on the unison strings....... it does have a scottish sound to it.
Well, I climbed up on the shelves and got that thing down, but it only had the name of the company inside the sound-hole. I thought for sure it had some funky-made-up instrument name on it, perhaps it was in an instruction book that we bought with it, but I can't find. Whatever it is, it's funky. It has about four courses of 4 strings each, and then a big batch of courses with 2 strings each. No single strings.