Thread: Studio Pics--
View Single Post
Re: Studio Pics--
Old
  (#18)
ninja636 is on a distinguished road

Default Re: Studio Pics-- - 05-15-2008, 08:37 PM

Thats a nice studio dude. My "studio" sans my recording gear, and most of my guitar gear(thanks to the local crackheads that stole it), is little more than a spare bedroom in our "new" house.It's pretty sweet though, hardwood floors, and DOUBLE walls. Thats right, all the walls in this house were "doubled", meaning, instead of replacing the old walls, they just built new ones up in front of the old ones. I did a little sound proofing research too, and found that this is supposed to be the best way to sound proof. I can be playing , and have my amp up pretty loud, and you can barely hear it through the rest of the house, till you open the door that is, then the sound waves will rip the flesh from your face. Or at least thats the way one friend of mine put it. Since this house has a crawl space, I'm gonna double the floor as well sometime in the near future, and the ceiling will get the double up treatment too. The only weak spot is the window, short of closing it off, which ain't gonna happen, I just stuff sheets of foam in it. Also, upon inspecting the walls, I found they are all brick covered with tile or some kinda stucco material(under the sheet rock thats up now) actually I found this out when I was trying too install some shelving, and my drill bit quit penetrating, started smoking, and then broke.

Always scoop the mids!!
If it ain't METAL...it AIN'T music.