Brian Krashpad is on a distinguished road

Default Re: Any Fender fans here? - 03-26-2008, 10:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by floydmoline
well i think that epiphones are a decent deal for the most part,
Agreed, especially on the used market.
Quote:
the SX/agile guitars i don't fully trust, people tell me they sound as good or better than epiphones, my problem is epiphones sound EXACTLY how i want them...... i'm not sure a guitar that sounds "better" actually would sound better if that makes sense
While your concern is understandable, it's not really necessary, unless you were buying used with no opportunity to play first. The Rondo Music return policy is excellent and the Rondo head guy, Kurt, is fair and honest. So if you were to get a dog they would take it back. Agiles in particular will get you the same quality as Epi, but for less money. The Agile SG I have is certainly as good as the Epi SG I used to have, and I prefer it tonally as the Epi's humbuckers were somewhat muddy.

On buying the Agile SG, I sold the Epi SG.

Quote:
heh, for the cost of a schecter you might as well save another 50 bucks and get an epiphone, i have played schecters and they are most deffinatly not my thing
Not sure about that first sentence, seems to me that Schecters and Epi's are pretty close in both price and quality level. As to not being your thing, that's of course subjective opinion which you're welcome to. But Schecter's import line is definitely composed of 2 rather different groups of guitars. I don't have much use for their "modern" type guitars which appear oriented towards the nu metal/downtuned/hardcore guys that many Ibanez solidbodies are geared for. But Schecter also makes a smaller number of "retro"-inspired models which I find interesting. They have a new model that's clearly inspired by Rickenbacker, for example.