Thread: Weekend report!
View Single Post
Re: Weekend report!
Old
  (#12)
Brian Krashpad is on a distinguished road

Default Re: Weekend report! - 09-14-2008, 03:01 PM

Friday night I went with my son Jack (11) on a Boy Scout "camp-in" (camping indoors). First we brought our gear over to the church's youth lodge we'd be staying in. Then we caravaned over to the Univ. of Florida astronomy dep't and got a talk on astronomy and got to look through their telescopes. Looked at the moon, and Jupiter and it's moons, and a couple stars.

Then back to the lodge where we set up our sleeping bags and such and the kids played (pool, foosball, ping-pong, air hockey, etc.) for an hour or so before lights out.

Got up at 6:30. The Scouts went and cooked a pancake breakfast for the church's mens group, while I went home, showered, and switched cars with my wife. I went and got an oil change and went back to the lodge for lunch. Then we all caravaned over to Santa Fe College (big local community college) and went to their planetarium, which has a $500,000 star projector. The projector is cool, it can show the sky in any given location for thousands of years in the past, present or future.

Then we all drove back to the lodge and broke camp and went home. I got a batch of leftover pancakes and put them in the freezer bags for my vegetarian daughter to eat for breakfast this week.

The afternoon was filled with house cleanup for the kids and I, as well as some laundry. After my wife got home from work (she teaches a college course on every other Saturday) I went grocery shopping (and got some flowers for Mrs. Krashpad), and on my return after dinner I made up some spicy baked beans for a church potluck today. I found vegetarian beans so there'll be at least one dish my daughter can eat.

In the evening I played a board/card game called "Heroscape" with my son while my daughter went to a dance with her Morman girl friend (note two words, not that there's anything wrong with that). Then we watched some TV and went to bed.

The beans're in the oven now and starting to smell good. I just made the "recipe" up on the spot: beans, dried onion flakes, cajun spice mix, some Crystal red pepper sauce (like Tabasco only not as strong), hickory BBQ sauce, honey, brown sugar. My wife was rolling her eyes the whole time but had to admit they tasted great.

Next up: church, then potluck going-away lunch for church youth leader. Quite possibly the first time a vegetarian dish has been served at a Lutheran potluck, haha!

Probably some more house/yard work this afternoon.

Let's hear some more reports! How's it hangin' peeps?