View Single Post
Re: Zoom HD16CD bundle.
Old
  (#3)
ninja636 is on a distinguished road

Default Re: Zoom HD16CD bundle. - 10-24-2008, 11:08 PM

It comes bundled with Cubase LE, I'll probly use that for a while and then get Some version of Pro Tools. I emailed Samson(Zoom) and they told me it's compatible as long as there is a midi interface. I need a midi interface anyways to use this as a control surface for a DAW. Or at least that's what I gathered from reading the very BIG owners manual I downloaded off their site. Or to keep compatibilty issues out of the eqaution, I may just upgrade to Cubase4 or Cubase Studio, that way I can just transfer projects I'm working on over and not have to start from scratch. Either way I'll have to wait for a Vista compatible version, Stienberg has a Vista patch for Cubase, but it's just a beta version and full of bugs right now(from what I'm getting on other forums). I'm not sure if Pro Tools has a Vista compatible program yet. But all the versions I've seen say they're not. The beauty thing about this digital recorder is you can use it "stand alone" with out any editing software, and still make recordings with drum and bass loops that are built in, or make up your own. That means I don't have to buy a bass or drum set up .

Always scoop the mids!!
If it ain't METAL...it AIN'T music.