View Single Post
Re: Time to check out some different gear
Old
  (#4)
Brian Krashpad is on a distinguished road

Default Re: Time to check out some different gear - 05-15-2008, 06:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redline68
Last year my son and I did an "indoor camp-out" on the Battleship New Jersey (also cub scouts). A good time, but no guitar shop for us...
Our weekend was really cool, there are actually 4 decomissioned ships at Patriots Point in Charleston Harbor, where we stayed. The aircraft carrier we slept aboard, and a sub, a destroyer, and a Coast Guard cutter. The first night we slept aboard the carrier, did an evac drill, and watched a movie (Tora! Tora! Tora!). The next morning we took a boat out to Ft. Sumter, and then in the early afternoon we explored the other 3 ships. The guitar store stop was kinda the result of a packing error I made, I thought I had packed myself 2 shirts, but one was a matching one my son had. So I was hoping the guitar store would have a cool t-shirt I could buy. Instead we found a Goodwill store and I bought a softball team jersey (I'm guessing) t-shirt with "Brewers" on the front and the number "16" on the back. It only cost $4! Plus they were having a special on videotapes, so we got 8 movies for $8! We continued our drive out to Ft. Moultrie, then went back to the ship for Saturday night and Sunday morning.